Usb 3 data/power splitter?

Anjelllo
Go to solution Solved by Anjelllo,

My gosh I’m so dumb! The laptop has an extra usb-c port I didn’t even notice. Sorry guys!

My dad’s work sent him a laptop and multiple monitor setup, and I’ve been putting it together. They sent a dock that takes usb c from the laptop, and connects to two monitors, a mouse and a keyboard. The problem is that the laptop charges through usb C, so when he’s using the dock he can’t charge his laptop. Are there “splitters” out there that can send information to the dock aswell as charge the laptop at the same time? He’s using the thinkpad p53s

9 minutes ago, Anjelllo said:

They sent a dock that takes usb c from the laptop

Check to make sure the dock doesn't have it's own power connector. Some take the laptop's USB-C charger.

If it doesn't, what kind of monitor outputs do you need? Here's an adapter rated for 100W but it only has one HDMI and one VGA for display outputs.

My gosh I’m so dumb! The laptop has an extra usb-c port I didn’t even notice. Sorry guys!

12 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

What dock is being used? From my experience the ThinkPad USB C dock charges the laptop.

It’s a visiontek VT4000

4 minutes ago, Anjelllo said:

It’s a visiontek VT4000

Mhn...different vendor/model from what I've worked with. I know a particular dock made by Lenovo for the ThinkPad that charges the laptop while connected to the USB C dock.