2x XFX RX570 4gb weird artifacts + BSOD regardless of system

Dear gaming friends!

Recently, I have bought 2 XFX RX570s w/ 4gb VRAM. I was led to believe that they are in perfect condition, however, the salesman was a cryptominer so I am not 100 percent sure if they were modded in any way. I have tried them both on 2 machines with same problems.

Both cards show a similar or same set of defaults:
- They don't display anything with any AMD driver
- With the Win10 default driver, the cards work, however, two very large bars of pink color pop up on the screen, about a third away from each side of the monitor
- Trying to install the driver via AMD Adrenaline either causes a BSOD either before they install completely or sometime after the install.
- I have once managed to somehow install the driver successfully and the display became normal, and I managed to run Heaven for a couple mins. However, a few mins after I turned Heaven off, the system BSODed again and I was left with similar things as before
- HDMI does not work at all, DVI does what I described.

What I have tried:
- Using DDU before and after
- Installing some other AMD driver w/ a 7970 and using that
- Switching from an old AMD dual core w/ 2gb ddr2 SODIMM to a i5 6400 w/ 16gb DDR4
- Switching the bios versions on the card via the switch on the card itself (the model has a dual bios config, although only one card has the switch, on the other one, it's broken off)
- Changing the card's bios - the stock one from that bios database is already on the cards and there is no other version available.

What I have not tried: opening the card and switching thermal paste or something.

Unless both cards have had thermal paste removed/applied incorrectly, they get more than enough cooling. I used 3 different PSUs, 450, 500 and 600 Watts.

Booting off an SATA SSD, fully updated Win10s. No problem with other cards or any other hardware whatsoever.

I feel like the problem has to be software related because both cards behave so similarly. I don't think overheating is the problem as sometimes the cards run for minutes without crashing, while other times they cause a BSOD right away.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Both cards display the picture like this:

6772d881-2516-11eb-bae1-5100530d629f?Acc

I will say that XFX brand cards for me personally arent the best choice at all, i had a 580 8gb XXX GTS version (3 cards) and each and every card overheated and ended up dying within a few weeks of getting them (all were new) they used to run at 103c playing house flipper (running at medium settings with a ryzen 7 2700) and they all would trip the thermal protection of my system and shut it down and refuse to restart until temps came down again.

in all honesty i would just do as last person said and just open a case and get a refund and look elsewhere for other cards as sadly it seems you have been sold lemons.

When a man lies he murders some part of the world 
These are the pale deaths 
Which men miscall their lives 
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer 
Cannot the kingdom of salvation 
Take me home

53 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

If you bought them off ebay, don't bother, just dispute it and return the GPU's ASAP, it's not worth trying to fix them.

Sadly no, its a local second hand sales website without anything like buyer protection. I am in Austria and generally never had problems buying stuff from others, this is the first that I have had this kind of issue. Thanks for the suggestion though!

38 minutes ago, Lord Sephington said:

I will say that XFX brand cards for me personally arent the best choice at all, i had a 580 8gb XXX GTS version (3 cards) and each and every card overheated and ended up dying within a few weeks of getting them (all were new) they used to run at 103c playing house flipper (running at medium settings with a ryzen 7 2700) and they all would trip the thermal protection of my system and shut it down and refuse to restart until temps came down again.

in all honesty i would just do as last person said and just open a case and get a refund and look elsewhere for other cards as sadly it seems you have been sold lemons.

Well, I have personally tried a few XFX cards, all bought used and older models though, but I have never had a problem before these ones. Thanks for the suggestion, but like I mentioned, sadly no way to do that.