Business Laptops for IoT startup

Hi guys,

We are a small company based in Germany with around 20 employees.

Of those 20, roughly 10 do engineering work, regarding backend, frontend, apps, PCB design, 3D design, programming and more

We are currently looking for a new set of laptops for our daily work.

Our most demanding apps are Altium, Solidworks, Fusion 360, JetBrains-suit and some self programmed image and video recognition algorithms.

I have looked into a few brands (Dell, Razer, Alienware) but the range of laptops is too large, to have a good overview.

Can anyone recommend a good laptop, preferably with an i7 or above (I know, would rather have AMD, but the software guys rather take intel), a powerful graphics card and, maybe most importantly, really good customer care ? 

Thank you!

4 minutes ago, Cedric_Kn said:

Hi guys,

We are a small company based in Germany with around 20 employees.

Of those 20, roughly 10 do engineering work, regarding backend, frontend, apps, PCB design, 3D design, programming and more

We are currently looking for a new set of laptops for our daily work.

Our most demanding apps are Altium, Solidworks, Fusion 360, JetBrains-suit and some self programmed image and video recognition algorithms.

I have looked into a few brands (Dell, Razer, Alienware) but the range of laptops is too large, to have a good overview.

Can anyone recommend a good laptop, preferably with an i7 or above (I know, would rather have AMD, but the software guys rather take intel), a powerful graphics card and, maybe most importantly, really good customer care ? 

Thank you!

For some of those softwares they prefer certified drivers, but does that matter to you? If so a laptop with a GPU like a radeon pro or Quadro would be better, again if that matters to you, gaming features probably aren't high on the list. You should look up benchmarks for your workloads too with Intel vs AMD, however I suspect Ryzen might be better, but on the laptop market I'm not too sure.

Yours faithfully