Lapboard recommendations

Louie Friesen

Hi there,

I currently use a lapboard thing (no built in keyboard and no mouse pad built in). It fits a 60% keyboard well with a decent amount of mouse space. But the problem is, I use a full size keyboard and it goes 5 inches over the edge with barely and room for my mouse. On Black Friday, I'm gonna buy a G915 TKL, and I test fitted another TKL keyboard which I have on my lapboard, and I'd either have an inch or two of spillover with the same amount of mouse room, or very little room for my mouse with the keyboard completely on.

I'd like to get a lapboard, which has enough room for a TKL keyboard (or full size is ok), and has a mouse pad built in (or I can put one in) (250mm x 200mm minimum for mouse pad size. Even though that's small, I currently survive on 150mm by 200, so anything is an upgrade).

I don't want something which requires, for example, a Corsair keyboard or a proprietary keyboard.

39 minutes ago, Louie Friesen said:

Hi there,

I currently use a lapboard thing (no built in keyboard and no mouse pad built in). It fits a 60% keyboard well with a decent amount of mouse space. But the problem is, I use a full size keyboard and it goes 5 inches over the edge with barely and room for my mouse. On Black Friday, I'm gonna buy a G915 TKL, and I test fitted another TKL keyboard which I have on my lapboard, and I'd either have an inch or two of spillover with the same amount of mouse room, or very little room for my mouse with the keyboard completely on.

I'd like to get a lapboard, which has enough room for a TKL keyboard (or full size is ok), and has a mouse pad built in (or I can put one in) (250mm x 200mm minimum for mouse pad size. Even though that's small, I currently survive on 150mm by 200, so anything is an upgrade).

I don't want something which requires, for example, a Corsair keyboard or a proprietary keyboard.

My Thinking is pretty low end here but They cut mdf to size for free at Home Depot.  You could get whatever size you wanted.  Padding on the bottom wouldn’t exist of course.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

14 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

My Thinking is pretty low end here but They cut mdf to size for free at Home Depot.  You could get whatever size you wanted.  Padding on the bottom wouldn’t exist of course.

Yeah,  I want padding. I was just hoping something that could hold a TKL keyboard with a decent amount of room for a mouse.

BTW, I know Corsair has one, but it is only compatible with their K63 keyboards, and I want a G915 TKL.

Basically I just want one that is like the Corsair one, just that I can use either the G915 TKL or just any TKL keyboard.