2080 TI Fans 4000 RPM 84c

ManDownUnder

I have a 2080 ti gigabyte gaming OC and recently the fans ramp up to 4000RPM at 84c when under load like this video.

If my frame rate is uncapped in games it happens quickly.

The only way i can stop this fan behavior is by capping a lower FPS way under what this card is capable of, or using MSI afterburner and reduce the temp limit too 80'c (default its on 84c) and set a really aggressive fan curve 100% @70c.

Iv'e owned this card for about 1 year and never had an issue, in that time the GPU would rarely hit 80c when gaming it would sit on about 70c.

2080tiss.png

Is there a possibility that the thermal compound got damaged over use and time and now its not making sufficient contact to maintanin stable temperatures?

4 minutes ago, Meme-Tastic said:

Is there a possibility that the thermal compound got damaged over use and time and now its not making sufficient contact to maintanin stable temperatures?

i suspect this to be the issue, however upon further research others have had this same issue and thermal paste replacement didn't fix it.

Also if i do this myself i will be voiding the warranty. Gigabyte said to send the GPU back but with covid and christmas the shipping times will be to long and i need my computer for work.

what case do you have? additional fans?

I Use my knowledge as business owner and self taught technician aswell as an AI to help people. AI might be controversial but it actually works pretty well 90% of the time.

Just now, SavageNeo said:

what case do you have? additional fans?

Cooler Master H500p with mesh front that has  (front)2x 200 x 25mm Fan, 800RPM, (rear)1x 140 x 25mm fan,1200RPM

2 fans on the h115i pro (top)

worked fine for a year with this setup no changes. Max temp gpu would get under load would be about 70c.

I always clean the rig every 6 months, its clean no dust etc.

25 minutes ago, ManDownUnder said:

i suspect this to be the issue, however upon further research others have had this same issue and thermal paste replacement didn't fix it.

Also if i do this myself i will be voiding the warranty. Gigabyte said to send the GPU back but with covid and christmas the shipping times will be to long and i need my computer for work.

Have you considered going back to the driver just before your problem appeared? If its not a hardware issue and multiple reports of it are being made, there is a strong chnace that it is a software issue. I suggest rolling back your drivers and seeing if that works. 

1 minute ago, Meme-Tastic said:

Have you considered going back to the driver just before your problem appeared? If its not a hardware issue and multiple reports of it are being made, there is a strong chnace that it is a software issue. I suggest rolling back your drivers and seeing if that works. 

No i havn't, ill give that a try now.

On 11/13/2020 at 2:17 PM, ManDownUnder said:

No i havn't, ill give that a try now.

Good luck mate ;)