Phone "forgot" is has a fingerprint reader?

Computernaut
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

This Reddit thread is describing a similar issue to yours; one user talks about using Smart Doctor and another had a recommendation after turning off the phone. Might be worth a look.

I recently got an LG G6 to replace my sluggish and ugly Moto e5 Play. I set everything up but found that after a restart, the fingerprint reader didn't work. I went into settings to set up my fingerprint again only to find that there was no fingerprint option! I tried searching for it, I restarted the phone several times; still nothing. Why would this ever happen? Do I need to replace the fingerprint reader?

What is actually supposed to go here? Some people put their specs, others put random comments or remarks about themselves or others, and there are a few who put cryptic statements.

Did you try to reset the phone? If that doesn't fix it, then its most likely a hardware issue I'd assume.

Replacing the fingerprint sensor requires you to take the entire phone apart. Instead I'd try to get my money back or get a replacement.

This Reddit thread is describing a similar issue to yours; one user talks about using Smart Doctor and another had a recommendation after turning off the phone. Might be worth a look.

14 hours ago, Stylized_Violence said:

I tried the that suggestion that said to shut down the phone, push down all buttons at once, and restart. It worked! Thanks so much.

What is actually supposed to go here? Some people put their specs, others put random comments or remarks about themselves or others, and there are a few who put cryptic statements.