Website Credibility.

Can someone explain the credibility of .com, .org, .gov, .edu, etc. My teacher said you can trust .org, but I've been on .org websites that were wrong in the past. .com I can understand being inaccurate. Also why are .govs safe, can't the government be wrong? .edu is for education so... Just share and explain. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Can someone explain the credibility of .com, .org, .gov, .edu, etc. My teacher said you can trust .org, but I've been on .org websites that were wrong in the past. .com I can understand being inaccurate. Also why are .govs safe, can't the government be wrong? .edu is for education so... Just share and explain. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I'm pretty sure that .govs can only be issued by the government so it'll have to be a legit, government site to have a .gov. Also anyone can buy a .org so they can be as wrong as .coms

Cpu: Intel i5- 4570 | Ram: Crucial DDR3 8GB | Video Card: Evega GTX 660 Ti 2GB Super Clocked

Monitor: Philips 24" | Keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire TK | Mouse: Logitech G700s |

Steam

1. Nothing is safe. 

Its a good rule to have.

Anyone can register a .com or .org, its pretty hard even in government (at least in Australia) to get a new .gov domain.

Is there anything specific you are wanting to know? Like how you know to trust a site?

You can't really trust anything based on a TLD (top level domain, com org gov, etc)

I personally don't trust anything, but I was just wondering. You can't trust anything based on a TLD, then what do you trust? Just curious.

What exactly are you wanting to trust?

Security?

Safe downloads?

Information credibility?