Ryzen 5 5600x / B550 MOBO Temp Sensor Readings Valid?

On my new Asus B550-F Gaming with a 5600x, I'm getting really high temps on 2 of the readings.

In doing research, I've read conflicting things; that these might be accurate or invalid. Physically inspecting the board, nothing feels like it's 70 or 80c.

All bios and drivers that are available are up-to-date. Though last I checked this morning, AMD didn't have a processor driver for the 5600x. I don't see why that would necessarily be related to the mobo but including it just in case.

CPU temps in Ryzen Master are fine. I have similar results on other monitoring software. Thanks.

14620035_openhardwaremonitortempreading.jpg.cec33a8593da86c22121b064c1f63df6.jpg

I have the same board and CPU (minus wifi), when I get mine set up, I'll let you know. Is it possible you seated the CPU cooler incorrectly or used the thermal compound incorrectly? According to Jay, you shouldn't be able to reach passed 65c. Also, where's Temperature #5? Is your app glitching?

Yeah, please share when you're set up.

It seems like the app is glitched, or a sensor is faulty maybe, but I've tried a few others, CPUID Hardware, Open Hardware... They showed similar temps or they're off by 10 degrees (down to 60-70).

I remounted the cooler and reapplied paste, no difference. It's idling at 32c which seems high for a aio but I've never seen it go above 60c.

Every monitoring software I use doesn't show the individual core temps either. Just these motherboard ones.

I got similar results as you, so it's not just you. My CM Storm Sniper BE case has insanely good airflow too, with a 200mm fan blasting straight onto the motherboard and components. My temp gun reads everything at around 30C right now. They had bad temp readings before with the 1st gen Ryzen, I'm a little surprised they're having it again.

I complained to Asus about their slow support on resolving some of these issues cuz this is just a minor one compared to all the other ones I myself had to deal with when I built my system. LAN drivers wouldn't work at all and there was hardly any info out there to resolve it (had to tether my phone's wifi to it to get a working junk driver from Windows Updates, which works well so far... but I can't trust it long term). Worst part is that even the LAN drivers on the CD that came with the motherboard also didn't work at all. Motherboard and CPU would not work at all out of the box... had to do a bios flashback just so it would turn on. Their QVL list wasn't working at all till I complained, then they only fixed part of it. Their response emails are generic automated nonsense. Overall, I feel like this premium motherboard isn't so premium compared to the more budget boards out there which seem to have far less problems.

temps.png.d21ac6faf66721456dd0a5d1e36962e8.png

• 1 month later...

I have the same "problem" on a X570-I and a 5600X. The temperatures are really crazy. I'm idling at 80+ Celcius according to OpenHardwareMonitor. That cant be correct?! 🤨

image.png.dab5feda0f3ef007960351ddfc301fc1.png

• 2 weeks later...

I solved it by removing it from the list, now I don't see it being monitored 😄

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14

Také mám tento problém,    už jste problém vyřešili?

53 minutes ago, freeagent said:

Vyřešil jsem to odstraněním ze seznamu, nyní nevidím jeho sledování 😄

Is a mechanical problem in motherboard or software problem   B550 and ryzen 5 5600x 😄

12 minutes ago, Fresherkooo said:

Také mám tento problém,    už jste problém vyřešili?

Is a mechanical problem in motherboard or software problem   B550 and ryzen 5 5600x 😄

Well, I am moving a shitload of air, when I touch things everything is cool or cold, so I'm not sure what its reading.

Před 19 minutami řekl freeagent:

Pohybuji se sračkou vzduchu, když se dotkneme věcí, všechno je v pohodě nebo chladu, takže si nejsem jistý, co to čte.

Mi vrm is too cold 😄

Winter 👌