New pc build

Budget (including currency): around 650$ - 700$ 

Using- moderate gaming, clone hero, and school work. With one or 2 monitors. 

so far I have chosen 

CPU - ryzen 3 3100

cooler - NZXT Kraken x53

memory - T-Force Delta RGB 2x8 GB

storage - Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB

case - Aerocool Cylin ATX mid tower 

PS- thermaltake smart 500 W

I need help finding a motherboard that will work with the 3100 out of the box because I don’t have an old cpu to update the BIOS. I also don’t know a lot about this stuff but looking for some help. Not sure what is a good affordable GPU as well. If anything in my build so far isn’t good please be sure to let me know. Thanks!!

Ok first is there any reason to go with that SSD? If not I would recommend a 250gb NVMe SSD (WD black or something for $50) and a 2tb Seagate barracuda. Second I would recommend a GeForce GTX 1650 super or a used 1650. For the 3100 is there any reason not to go with a 2600? You get 6 cores and all b450 MOBO compatibility out of the box. Just use the AMD stock cooler if you go with this option:) just some things I would do!

Btw the Kraken may look cool but the AMD stock cooler is fine (It comes with the CPU)

You can get a 500gb Varient of the WD black if you want

EDIT

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

1 minute ago, SignatureSigner said:

Ok first is there any reason to go with that SSD? If not I would recommend a 250gb NVMe SSD (WD black or something for $50) and a 2tb Seagate barracuda. Second I would recommend a GeForce GTX 1650 super or a used 1650. For the 3100 is there any reason not to go with a 2600? You get 6 cores and all b450 MOBO compatibility out of the box. Just use the AMD stock cooler if you go with this option:) just some things I would do!

Don’t get 250 gb

1 minute ago, SignatureSigner said:

and the amd stock cooler should be good. But get 500gb 

9 minutes ago, Preston36 said:

so far I have chosen 

CPU - ryzen 3 3100

cooler - NZXT Kraken x53

I need help finding a motherboard that will work with the 3100 out of the box because I don’t have an old cpu to update the BIOS. I also don’t know a lot about this stuff but looking for some help. Not sure what is a good affordable GPU as well. If anything in my build so far isn’t good please be sure to let me know. Thanks!!

Get a b450 mobo or a b550

2 minutes ago, SignatureSigner said:

I am new to this community and not really sure what the difference between the 3100 and 2600 is. I wanted to go with the 860 Evo because it seems to have good ratings and reviews all around. I planning on getting a barracuda later in the future. I’m just not sure what I should do. 

3 minutes ago, danny31324 said:

Get a b450 mobo or a b550

Yeah I was thinking about that but not sure if it will work out of the box. I want to go with the kraken just in case I upgrade in the future and it adds some cool looks to the pc. 

5 minutes ago, Preston36 said:

I am new to this community and not really sure what the difference between the 3100 and 2600 is. I wanted to go with the 860 Evo because it seems to have good ratings and reviews all around. I planning on getting a barracuda later in the future. I’m just not sure what I should do. 

Heres a PCPARTPCIKER list I made for a pc Im going to build You can look at this as a barebones you can mondify :)

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

3 minutes ago, SignatureSigner said:

K thanks I will take a look. Also what’s the biggest difference between the 2600 and 3100 other than 6 cores. Is it more powerful? 

Just now, Preston36 said:

K thanks I will take a look. Also what’s the biggest difference between the 2600 and 3100 other than 6 cores. Is it more powerful? 

The 2600 and 3600 are about the same but the 2600 has to more cores. While the 3100 is newer it also requires a more expensive MOBO. But other than that they are basically the same. 

System Specs

Peripherals

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

3 minutes ago, SignatureSigner said:

The 2600 and 3600 are about the same but the 2600 has to more cores. While the 3100 is newer it also requires a more expensive MOBO. But other than that they are basically the same. 

Oh ok makes sense. I think I want to stick with the 3100 because of price but would you happen to know which board would come working out of the box. Because I have no clue how this BIOS stuff works. I am really struggling. 

57 minutes ago, Preston36 said:

Using- moderate gaming, clone hero, and school work. With one or 2 monitors. 

so far I have chosen 

CPU - ryzen 3 3100

cooler - NZXT Kraken x53

Also don’t I mean do not get 3 3100 get a 5 2600 or higher

4 minutes ago, danny31324 said:

Also don’t I mean do not get 3 3100 get a 5 2600 or higher

Why? I feel like the 3100 is a good deal for performance. I heard it can get close to competing with the intel i5.