i am looking for a headset similar to Asus rog centurion but centurion is way to expensive any Alternatives ?

Anas Dweik

i need similar headset to asus rog centurion , like many profiles and very good profiles system . i want it to fill my  desktop you know what i mean :D , full of cables full of profiles . any suggestions ?

rog centurion in  my country is 500$  

29 minutes ago, Anas Dweik said:

i need similar headset to asus rog centurion , like many profiles and very good profiles system . i want it to fill my  desktop you know what i mean :D , full of cables full of profiles . any suggestions ?

rog centurion in  my country is 500$  

I wanna puke when I see those headphones. Sorry but let me tell you why these aren't good at all. I am not sorry at all haha. "Gaming" headsets is a marketing trick and the "true 7.1 surround" is bullshit. Either they put in small multiple drivers and call it true 7.1 or it is through a dac which I think it is in this case. But this just makes the audio quality much much worse and doesn't really help at all for gaming and even less for music. You can read my post in my signature below if you want to. Anyways. Get a good pair of headphones with a mic or just one of the few great gaming headsets out there, such as the HyperX cloud 2's, Cooler Master MH751 or 752. These have been reskinned from studio STEREO headphones not "surround". Don't get fooled by these gaming companies trying to sell you RGB 7.1 surround sound headsets that will sound much worse than regular headphones. If you want virtual surround as it is actually called. You can get software for it or get an amp/DAC combo that has software. Such as the Sound Blaster G6 or X3. My advice is to get the Sennheiser HD58X's from drop.com or the DT 990 pros paired with the modmic 4 uni and the G6. Best combo for the money. The DT 990's beat all gaming headsets over 300 dollars by 100%.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

4 minutes ago, Tigerleon said:

I wanna puke when I see those headphones. Sorry but let me tell you why these aren't good at all. I am not sorry at all haha. "Gaming" headsets is a marketing trick and the "true 7.1 surround" is bullshit. Either they put in small multiple drivers and call it true 7.1 or it is through a dac which I think it is in this case. But this just makes the audio quality much much worse and doesn't really help at all for gaming and even less for music. You can read my post in my signature below if you want to. Anyways. Get a good pair of headphones with a mic or just one of the few great gaming headsets out there, such as the HyperX cloud 2's, Cooler Master MH751 or 752. These have been reskinned from studio STEREO headphones not "surround". Don't get fooled by these gaming companies trying to sell you RGB 7.1 surround sound headsets that will sound much worse than regular headphones. If you want virtual surround as it is actually called. You can get software for it or get an amp/DAC combo that has software. Such as the Sound Blaster G6 or X3. My advice is to get the Sennheiser HD58X's from drop.com or the DT 990 pros paired with the modmic 4 uni and the G6. Best combo for the money. The DT 990's beat all gaming headsets over 300 dollars by 100%.

oh thanks for the info , thats really shocking for me.  didn't know 7.1 is just a marketing xD. Anyways i have right now Sennheiser rs 175 but its really bad in FPS games and it doesnt have mic. what headset do you recommend me to buy that have really good sound quality. and please away from HyperX i have bad experience with it  . 

i have checked some comparison sites . Versus.com .  they seems very weird with the results . i had an offer for asus delta and Log-pro and x-pro. idk the diff between x-pro and pro but they are really close in the price. but the comparison websites says they have really low sound quailty comperes to the rog centurion and asus delta . so i don't know what to do . 

do i need an Emp ?

1 minute ago, Anas Dweik said:

oh thanks for the info , thats really shocking for me.  didn't know 7.1 is just a marketing xD. Anyways i have right now Sennheiser rs 175 but its really bad in FPS games and it doesnt have mic. what headset do you recommend me to buy that have really good sound quality. and please away from HyperX i have bad experience with it  . 

i have checked some comparison sites . Versus.com .  they seems very weird with the results . i had an offer for asus delta and Log-pro and x-pro. idk the diff between x-pro and pro but they are really close in the price. but the comparison websites says they have really low sound quailty comperes to the rog centurion and asus delta . so i don't know what to do . 

do i need an Emp ?

I don't trust versus.com at all. Also the G pro X is just a downgrade because you get software for the mic and it drastically decreases quality of it. Maybe the deltas are great headphones. Never listened to them but the thing here is that you can get as good audio quality for such a cheaper price. Excluding all these "premium features" such as true 7.1 surround etc when you can get that with amp/DAC combos with software anyways. My recommendation if you want it mostly for FPS games. Get the DT 990 pro's 250ohm. They are open back which means they leak sound. The pros of that is a better soundstage, and a more immersive experience. Downside, you can hear stuff in your room and people can hear what you are listening to beside you. But the DT 990's paired with the sound blaster G6 is a great combo for gaming and music as well. If you need a mic get the modmic 4 uni. One of the best mics for headphones at that price. 

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

10 minutes ago, Anas Dweik said:

do i need an amp ?

To answer this question which I forgot... Yes you will definitely need an amp for the DT 990 pros. They are hard to drive so you need an amplifier. But amp/DAC combos achieves that.

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

4 minutes ago, Tigerleon said:

To answer this question which I forgot... Yes you will definitely need an amp for the DT 990 pros. They are hard to drive so you need an amplifier. But amp/DAC combos achieves that.

Can you give me a name of a popular one so i can find it easy. I think i am getting the dt 990

4 minutes ago, Anas Dweik said:

Can you give me a name of a popular one so i can find it easy. I think i am getting the dt 990

Sound Blaster G6, Sound Blaster X3 or Sound Blaster G5. 

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit