New PC black screen once gpu installed

Hey everyone,

I am absolutely stumped and would appreciate some help. Built a new pc a couple of days ago, everything was going smoothly (PC posted first try!) right up until I put in my GPU, which came out of my old PC while I wait on stock of the 3080 to become available.

PC turns on, fans all spin, RGB all turned on, AIO pump was recognized in BIOS and was keeping everything cool, installed a fresh version of windows using the onboard graphics just to make sure everything was good before adding in the GPU. Then once I installed the GPU I was met with a black screen, cant get into BIOS, cant get into windows, nothing. Just a black screen and then every now and then it will flash to 'no signal' then go back to black.

I put the gpu back in my old system and it works fine so I know its not that, I even borrowed a RTX 2070 Super from my friend and that still gives me a black screen. For a while I had the white 'VGA' light on the motherboard light up when I inserted the GPU which I believe is the PC telling me there is an issue with the display but after updating the BIOS that light has stopped coming on however I still get a black screen.

I've tried forcing PCIE display in BIOS, I've tried reinstalling the GPU, I've checked my power cables, cant find the issue.

Some insight would be greatly appreciated, for reference my part list is below:

i7-10700k Corsair iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT AIO cooler

Corsair RM750X power supply

Asus Z490-H motherboard

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200mhz

Crucial P2 M.2 nvme 500gb

Crucial P1 M.2 nvme 1TB

I have not tried a different slot using the 2070 but I did with the 1080ti, same issue.