Pc won’t start, help!

Mburns922

I got my 3070 in the mail yesterday and went to replace my old 980ti. After installing the 3070 I got no response from hitting the power button. I put my old 980ti back in to do some research on the issue but my pc still would not start. The only thing with any power is my motherboard because the rgb light is on when I turn my psu on. No case fan or cpu fans spin, nothin. Any help would be appreciated 

7 minutes ago, Mburns922 said:

I got my 3070 in the mail yesterday and went to replace my old 980ti. After installing the 3070 I got no response from hitting the power button. I put my old 980ti back in to do some research on the issue but my pc still would not start. The only thing with any power is my motherboard because the rgb light is on when I turn my psu on. No case fan or cpu fans spin, nothin. Any help would be appreciated 

Pull the video card, see if you get anything happening when you power it on

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

My first instinct is pointing me to the power supply or power related error.

I would take the motherboard out of the case and put your system together on your desk/table to isolate from a short/ground.  Double check that all psu connectors are fully seated.

16 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Pull the video card, see if you get anything happening when you power it on

I tried to turn the power on without the card but no luck

2 minutes ago, Mburns922 said:

I tried to turn the power on without the card but no luck

As @JammyCreedog said, pull the mobo out of the case, set it on a phone book, and attach *only* the things needed to POST (CPU/Cooler, 1 stick RAM, keyboard) and try to power it up. Report back if you get it to power successfully, we'll go from there.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

18 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

As @JammyCreedog said, pull the mobo out of the case, set it on a phone book, and attach *only* the things needed to POST (CPU/Cooler, 1 stick RAM, keyboard) and try to power it up. Report back if you get it to power successfully, we'll go from there.

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. Sadly I won’t be home for another 6-7 hours, long days at work right now.

35 minutes ago, JammyCreedog said:

My first instinct is pointing me to the power supply or power related error.

I would take the motherboard out of the case and put your system together on your desk/table to isolate from a short/ground.  Double check that all psu connectors are fully seated.

I have an extra 850watt psu at my parents house I’m gonna get on my way home and try that tonight.

9 hours ago, Mburns922 said:

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. Sadly I won’t be home for another 6-7 hours, long days at work right now.

I did what you said and got no response, but then I tried removing the cmos battery and putting it back in and it turned on. Everything was running perfectly so I turned it off to see if it would run now with everything connected, gpu, fans and the rest of the ram but I had no luck. After turning it off my pc it did not want to turn back on. I repeated the process of removing the battery then plugging everything back and in before turning it on and it worked (kinda). The pc started up and I got to the American megatrends page before bios settings but for some reason my keyboard won’t work so I cannot press F1 to proceed to the bios settings. Stuck again sadly

9 hours ago, Mburns922 said:

9 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

I did what you said and got no response, but then I tried removing the cmos battery and putting it back in and it turned on. Everything was running perfectly so I turned it off to see if it would run now with everything connected, gpu, fans and the rest of the ram but I had no luck. After turning it off my pc it did not want to turn back on. I repeated the process of removing the battery then plugging everything back and in before turning it on and it worked (kinda). The pc started up and I got to the American megatrends page before bios settings but for some reason my keyboard won’t work so I cannot press F1 to proceed to the bios settings. Stuck again sadly

11 hours ago, Mburns922 said:

cmos battery

Get a new one, they are dirt cheap.

If that doesn't solve the issue, then I'd point to the mobo as being bad.

What are the specs of the rest of your system?

What CPU do you have,  it sounds like you said the igpu had video output while pcie wouldn't display. Get a cmos battery first, but then you gotta look at the power supply and use a known good unit.

6 hours ago, JammyCreedog said:

What CPU do you have,  it sounds like you said the igpu had video output while pcie wouldn't display. Get a cmos battery first, but then you gotta look at the power supply and use a known good unit.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Mburns88/saved/LppMvK
i have an extra psu I’m gonna try tonight