Budget SolidWorks and Gaming PC - Need Help

Budget (including currency): $650, initially - but this is flexible if it has to be.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: SolidWorks 2020, Rocket League, unknown games

Other details: ~60 FPS @1080p gaming, 2 monitor setup when not gaming. Must have WiFi.

Co-worker is asking for about a $500 PC that can do light CAD and decent gaming. Convinced him to spend a little more.

Requirements he gave me were: 32GB RAM, solid state boot drive, 1080p gaming at a decent framerate, and a computer that doesn't run like a** when he's gaming or doing CAD.

The problem I'm running into is that he said, after the fact, that the CAD he wants to run is SolidWorks. SW wants to run on/is only certified for workstation-class cards (quadro), but I don't know much about them or how to pick a decent one. Inventor and AutoCAD have the ability to use DirectX and don't need OpenGL hardware support, which would have made this a non-issue, because those would have run on Geforce cards just fine.

What I'm seeing is that workstation cards blow up his budget if he wants to do gaming at a decent level of performance with one. If I use a Geforce card, I worry that SW won't run well - I know RealView won't work, but I just don't want it to be unstable or extremely terrible performance otherwise (i.e.graphical issues, crashing, etc). From what I'm seeing, AMD Radeon cards tend not to work whatsoever with SW - for AMD graphics cards, it's workstation class or nothing.

I don't know what to recommend to him, but I'm trying not to have to go back to him and explain he's SOL.

As for the CPU, before I take any grief for it, I went with an i3 (below) because AMD motherboards with onboard WiFi are terribly expensive compared to LGA1200 motherboards with WiFi. I would have loved to recommend an AMD CPU, but I can't get the budget to work.

Any comments are welcome.

As configured:

CPU: Intel i3 10100 or 10100F

Motherboard: Gigabyte B460M DS3H AC

RAM: Patriot Viper Elite 32gb (2x16), 2666MHz C16

Boot: Crucial BX500 480GB

Storage: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB (later)

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1650 Super OC

Case: Fractal Design Core 1100 mATX

PSU: Thermaltake Smart 500W (owned)

Intel i7 8700k | Asus ROG Strix Z370-I | NVidia RTX 2070 Super Reference | Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3600MHz x 32GB | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB NVMe | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD | Custom Loop | Corsair RMx 850w Gold | Phanteks Evolv iTX TG (modded) | Acer Predator XB1

or

so if he goes intel there's space in a larger budget for a graphics card but the system won't be perfect, just enough to 1080p med/high 60fps in higher end titles and way overkill for rocket league 1080p

AMD side gets him into 8 threads and still games well at 1080p if most of the titles are like RL or eSport titles. easily upgradable for future used graphics cards when they have more $ available. 

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it