Macbook pro 2019 13” stopped charging

Hello,

I hope everyone is doing fine.

So 2 days ago everything was working fine, macbook was fine, it was charging fine and in general everything was good.

Yesterday I plugged the macbook and i noticed that the macbook was not charging, it was like it wasn’t detecting it at all. So i tried all 4 thunderbolts 3 ports and nothing in response. I did some test to figure out the problem.

I plugged a usb to all 4 thunderbolts and it was working fine.

I also plugged another macbook with the charger and it was charging.

So if not for the thunderbolts or the charger what might have cause the macbook to suddenly stopped from charging all of a sudden. Take note no physical damage was done to it or any software failure.

Any idea?

Pretty much just macs being macs really. But best thing to do is try a different charger if still nothing then the charging circuit is probably shot and it's time for warranty. If no warranty then yeah tough luck apple is beyond anti repair so there may not even be spare parts for it in existence.

This isn't "just macs being macs". Stop simping for Windows. Both can have issues.

8 hours ago, Blaze2KB said:

Hello,

I hope everyone is doing fine.

So 2 days ago everything was working fine, macbook was fine, it was charging fine and in general everything was good.

Yesterday I plugged the macbook and i noticed that the macbook was not charging, it was like it wasn’t detecting it at all. So i tried all 4 thunderbolts 3 ports and nothing in response. I did some test to figure out the problem.

I plugged a usb to all 4 thunderbolts and it was working fine.

I also plugged another macbook with the charger and it was charging.

So if not for the thunderbolts or the charger what might have cause the macbook to suddenly stopped from charging all of a sudden. Take note no physical damage was done to it or any software failure.

Any idea?

Have you tried an SMC reset? Do you get any error messages? Tried a different charger? Im assuming you are using the original apple charger?

1 hour ago, LYPTUS said:

This isn't "just macs being macs". Stop simping for Windows. Both can have issues.

Have you tried an SMC reset? Do you get any error messages? Tried a different charger? Im assuming you are using the original apple charger?

No errors, SMC didn’t work at all, i tried another charger of the same macbook pro 2019 series. Nothing changed, and I can’t do much as it’s out of battery by now and can’t charge it so its AppleCare+ and hope for the best