Cpu and mobo compatability, please help!!

Right I wanna clear this up once and for all, will an I5-9400F work with an ASRock H310CM-HDV out of the box without any bios flash update thing. I just watched a youtube video where somone used these exact two things and said they worked fine without a bios update but then i see on some other forum that they don't work so I'm very conflicted in what to believe atm. I've spent hours looking around on forums and I always get conflicting answers, some people have no problem with the bios and it's already updated but some can't even get the bios to open. I know that to update the bios you can put in an older, already working cpu but I can't afford another one to just simply update the bios. I also know there is an instant flash feature on some asrock mobos but I'm not sure if it would work on this one considering some people can't even get into the bios with the same set up as me. If instant flash is an available feature, would I be able to carry that out without a cpu in or is there no hope for me whatsoever? http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H310CM-HDV/index.asp#CPU - This says it supports it but I'm lost at this point Any help would be massively appreciated as I'm so lost and with both parts arriving tomorrow I'm starting to wonder whether I should start looking for something else and just return them. 

5 minutes ago, DaLegend45 said:

Right I wanna clear this up once and for all, will an I5-9400F work with an ASRock H310CM-HDV out of the box without any bios flash update thing. I just watched a youtube video where somone used these exact two things and said they worked fine without a bios update but then i see on some other forum that they don't work so I'm very conflicted in what to believe atm. I've spent hours looking around on forums and I always get conflicting answers, some people have no problem with the bios and it's already updated but some can't even get the bios to open. I know that to update the bios you can put in an older, already working cpu but I can't afford another one to just simply update the bios. I also know there is an instant flash feature on some asrock mobos but I'm not sure if it would work on this one considering some people can't even get into the bios with the same set up as me. If instant flash is an available feature, would I be able to carry that out without a cpu in or is there no hope for me whatsoever? http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H310CM-HDV/index.asp#CPU - This says it supports it but I'm lost at this point Any help would be massively appreciated as I'm so lost and with both parts arriving tomorrow I'm starting to wonder whether I should start looking for something else and just return them. 

https://www.asrock.com/mb/intel/h310cm-hdv/index.asp#CPU

This page shows the CPU support for the BIOS version.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this board has a flashable bios without a CPU installed.

You'll need to check the bios version to be 100% sure.