Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Drive fail test

Go to solution Solved by Tadrith,
1 hour ago, ItsNypz said:

She got this screen any way this can help?

Also she has 2 disks cause it was C and D, but when she opens the case we could only find one, not sure why

Based on the product ID in the first screenshot, this is an HP workstation PC with a 4th gen intel processor.  It is very unlikely that there is more than one drive in the computer, especially if you can only locate one.  It is also very unlikely that this computer has an SSD unless you put one in yourself.  If you were seeing a C and D, it was almost certainly because the one physical drive was partitioned into two different logical drives.  Knowing HP, the D drive was likely a recovery partition unless you were actually storing data in it.

 

You can replace the drive with either a SATA SSD or a normal SATA HDD, though unless you're storing a huge amount of data, I would just recommend the SSD at this point for performence.  Just be aware you will have to reinstall Windows on the new drive, so make sure you have or are able to create an install drive for Windows.

Hey everyone, hope you are all doing fine, a friend of mine just came across this problem, she was just playing a video game, the pc went to a black screen and now when she turns it on she gets this screen.

If anyone knows why this is happening and how to fix it, pls let met know so I can help her ^-^

 

Thank you so much in advance

 

 

 

 

 

 

imagem.png.41120727d4f0b2f59eb8d4fbdb1856f7.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ItsNypz said:

Hey everyone, hope you are all doing fine, a friend of mine just came across this problem, she was just playing a video game, the pc went to a black screen and now when she turns it on she gets this screen.

If anyone knows why this is happening and how to fix it, pls let met know so I can help her ^-^

 

Thank you so much in advance

 

 

 

 

 

 

imagem.png.41120727d4f0b2f59eb8d4fbdb1856f7.png

The drive is dead. If under warranty, submit RMA. If not, replace drive or laptop :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Naijin said:

The drive is dead. If under warranty, submit RMA. If not, replace drive or laptop :)

But since she was just playing and it happened, what could be the cause for it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ItsNypz said:

But since she was just playing and it happened, what could be the cause for it?

Drives will eventually fail, there's not much more to it. I recently got a new computer and was moving stuff from my old one with an external HDD (due to bad intranet) and suddenly the drive just slowed down in writing speed and finally died. I've managed to get it to show up again so that I can save some of the data, but it's a dead drive for sure.

 

This is why you do backups.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chionele said:

Drives will eventually fail, there's not much more to it. I recently got a new computer and was moving stuff from my old one with an external HDD (due to bad intranet) and suddenly the drive just slowed down in writing speed and finally died. I've managed to get it to show up again so that I can save some of the data, but it's a dead drive for sure.

 

This is why you do backups.

Got it! TYSM, now, does she need a SSD or HDD? cause im not sure witch one failed

Link to post
Share on other sites

She got this screen any way this can help?

Also she has 2 disks cause it was C and D, but when she opens the case we could only find one, not sure why

 

 

 

 

imagem.png.beae64cf733eac924d09c08ec4fae06a.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ItsNypz said:

She got this screen any way this can help?

Also she has 2 disks cause it was C and D, but when she opens the case we could only find one, not sure why

Based on the product ID in the first screenshot, this is an HP workstation PC with a 4th gen intel processor.  It is very unlikely that there is more than one drive in the computer, especially if you can only locate one.  It is also very unlikely that this computer has an SSD unless you put one in yourself.  If you were seeing a C and D, it was almost certainly because the one physical drive was partitioned into two different logical drives.  Knowing HP, the D drive was likely a recovery partition unless you were actually storing data in it.

 

You can replace the drive with either a SATA SSD or a normal SATA HDD, though unless you're storing a huge amount of data, I would just recommend the SSD at this point for performence.  Just be aware you will have to reinstall Windows on the new drive, so make sure you have or are able to create an install drive for Windows.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×