Noob trying to set up 'Link Aggregation' on new tp link switch - please help

I just got a set of 2 tp link TL-SG108E switches with the idea of setting up link aggregation between the two switches. I want to do this because right now I'm running my server PC and gaming PC off the same 30m of 36awg flat cable (it links the ground floor router to the top floor server etc), and i thought it would be a good idea to use link aggregation to add another 30m cable and increase the bandwidth, so that I can use the server PC and gaming pc at the same time without as much slowdown.

This was my setup previous to the tp link switches: Router > (0.5m cable) > Ground Floor Switch > (30m 36awg flat cable) > Top Floor Switch (which is connected to Gaming PC, Server, etc)

I am trying to set it up like this: Router > (0.5m thicc cat6a ethernet cable) > TL-SG108E on Ground Floor > (via dual port connection via 2* 30m 36awg flat cable, link aggregation) > Top Floor Switch (which is connected to server & gaming pc)

My problem is that with link aggregation active, i cannot access the internet at all. But after disabling one of the dual link aggregation ports, then the internet starts working again.

I have no idea what i'm doing wrong :( I just wanna have extra bandwidth and thats why I purchased the tp link switches. I'm starting to be afraid that maybe I purchased the wrong equipment? But hopefully I'm just doing it wrong!

I'd appreciate any help or a nudge in the right direction :)

Thank you for your time

Ports that are in use:

TL-SG108E on Ground Floor:

Port 1 & Port 2 (LAG1) in use and connected to top floor switch with 2 seperate wires. Port 8 connected to router with 1 wire.

TL-SG108E on Top Floor:

Port 1 connected to server, Port 3 connected to gaming PC.  Ports 7 & 8 (LAG2) connected to 'Port 1 & Port 2 (LAG1) on ground floor switch' with 2 seperate wires.

How did you configure the ports on the switch?

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>

6 hours ago, Slayerking92 said:

How did you configure the ports on the switch?

I have 2 wires going from one switch to the other, and on both switches I have the two involved ports set in LAG mode.

After doing that though, the internet goes down. What Im trying to do is link the two switches together with the 2 wires to increase bandwidth.

Did I do it wrong? Any help is appreciated :)

edit: the involved switches only support static lag btw, not sure if thats related to the problem, switch model is TL-SG108E (tp link).