Do I need a new monitor/ will this one die.

Syvakied

Okay so I got this monitor nearly 2 years ago and for just under a year I have had this issue. When I turn the pc/ screen on after leaving it off overnight I get this annoying effect. It goes away after restarting the monitor after a few moments for it to 'warm up'. Now it takes a few minutes and powerings of the screen. Today I had the issue effect the whole screen for a moment so I'm worried its gonna die.

Not to mention I have replacement ram on the way as that has stability issues now and my 8 year old side monitor has started to whine and so is out of commission.

Do I just need a new monitor or is this salvageable? Am considering just never turning it off for a while.

image0.jpg?width=400&height=300image1.jpg?width=400&height=300

6 hours ago, Syvakied said:

Okay so I got this monitor nearly 2 years ago and for just under a year I have had this issue. When I turn the pc/ screen on after leaving it off overnight I get this annoying effect. It goes away after restarting the monitor after a few moments for it to 'warm up'. Now it takes a few minutes and powerings of the screen. Today I had the issue effect the whole screen for a moment so I'm worried its gonna die.

Not to mention I have replacement ram on the way as that has stability issues now and my 8 year old side monitor has started to whine and so is out of commission.

Do I just need a new monitor or is this salvageable? Am considering just never turning it off for a while.

image0.jpg?width=400&height=300image1.jpg?width=400&height=300

did you verify that your graphic is working correctly?

but yeah if it's not your GPU that look like a hardware issue, you need to bring it to a repair shop to know if it's can be fixed - never see a monitor having a problem for just two years before though unless something impact it