MSI error code 99

So my I built a Pc for a friend of mine. It has been working for about 3 months until recently about a week ago he wanted to install some new fans. After he did when he tries booting up he gets a black screen with error code 99. After looking it up I found that it seems to be a strange issue and no one knows specifically how to fix it. I really need some help here guys. We have tried Unplugging the gpu, having only required power plugged in, taking out all fans but to no avail. Any ideas on how to fix it?

So my I built a Pc for a friend of mine. It has been working for about 3 months until recently about a week ago he wanted to install some new fans. After he did when he tries booting up he gets a black screen with error code 99. After looking it up I found that it seems to be a strange issue and no one knows specifically how to fix it. I really need some help here guys. We have tried Unplugging the gpu, having only required power plugged in, taking out all fans but to no avail. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Is he sure that he plugged the fan into an actual fan header and not the jumper or io header?

Have you tried resetting the bios through removing the battery for a period of time or using the jumpers?

Does he have any other add in cards,other than the video card?

Does he have more than one storage drive?If so have you tried booting with only one of the drives connected,and tried with all drives?

Have you tried booting the pc up with none of the USB devices?

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

• 10 months later...

I had the same problem on my msi z97s sli krait edition, i fixed it by first of all unplugging everything and then plugging everthing in with a reboot inbetween every plugin.