Can't get 120 or 144 hz to work in Nvidia Surround

bdog

Hello, I have 3 MSI Optix g24c monitors that are 144hz. When I plug them in normally as individual monitors I can run all 3 at 144hz without any issues. All 3 are plugged in via display port. So I tried to set up Nvidia Surround and I'm having a couple issues. 1st issue is that 120hz is the highest option when normally I run them at 144hz. 2nd issue is that when I even try to run them at 120hz it just goes to a black screen for a couple seconds then always reverts back to 60hz. I even tried to manually set it to 144hz with windows display properties but once again highest option is 120hz and when I set it to that it reverts back to 60hz. 

I noticed that it seems like only one of the monitors are causing the problem for the rest. It's like this: I can run monitor A and B perfectly fine at 144hz in Nvidia surround but If I try to run monitor A and C that's when I can't run it above 60hz, same scenario with monitor B and C. So like I said it seems like only one monitor is causing an issue. I've tried switching dp cables, nothing. I've tried switching ports in the gpu, nothing.

The weird thing is like I said above when Nvidia Surround is out of the picture all 3 monitors work just fine, I can set all of them to 144hz in monitor properties at the same time and they all 3 work perfectly fine. 

Not sure if this matters or not but just something I noticed is that when I plug in monitor A and B they both default to 144hz automatically but with Monitor C it defaults to 60hz (once again I can change it to 144hz) but just a difference I noticed. 

The GPU is Evga GTX 1080ti SC Black Edition 

The Monitors are all 1080p 

Some monitors use multiple (mind you very similar) panels. It's very difficult to find info regarding the panel model of your monitor in particular except for that it is a Samsung VA panel. Nvidia Surround is extremely picky and it can refuse to work for variety of reasons including the simple fact that it's pure garbage. Nvidia like to omit cool features from their consumer GPUs and Surround is one that sorta slipped through the cracks and that's why they've made sure it is as bad and buggy as possible. If you want good surround get a cheap Quadro Card like the P400 and all your problems will magically get solved as its driver supports "nvidia mosaic technology". Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Ada is worse than Ampere which is worse than Fermi, change my mind.

System:

Spoiler
  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen 9 5950x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS X570 TUF
  • RAM
    2X16GB Kingston Fury 3200mhz
  • GPU
    Gigabyte RTX 4080 Super Gaming OC
  • Case
    Fractal Torrent