MikOL

Hello! I'm planning to build a new CPU, Board, Ram, NVMe, PSU

This is my planned Specs:
I7-10700k

MSI Z490-A PRO
G.Skill Ripjaws 16 x 2 3200MHz
(maybe a) A200 250gb Kingston

Seasonic Focus GX 750W

i already have a GTX 1060 6GB but im gonna ask you guys if this new system are overkill or bottleneck for GPU??

because if it is my plan B is getting 10600k, please help me with this guys..

Thank you!

What are you going to use the PC for? If I were you, I would sell the 1060 and build an entirely new system.

CPU - Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler - EVGA CLC 240mm AIO  Motherboard - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | RAM - 16GB (2x8GB) Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 3600MHz CL17 | GPU - MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 3X OC | PSU -  EVGA 600 BQ | Storage - PNY CS3030 1TB NVMe SSD | Case Cooler Master TD500 Mesh

2 minutes ago, Random_Person1234 said:

What are you going to use the PC for? If I were you, I would sell the 1060 and build an entirely new system.

Is there a reason you wouldn't just keep the system and just upgrade the GPU?

Chicago Bears fan, Bear Down

What is your budget? What build do you already got? Whats the use case. For the 1060, this seems overkill, GPU would bottleneck i think

48 minutes ago, Random_Person1234 said:

Just for gaming, not for streaming though, for now i cant afford above a 1,500$ to build a new system with a GPU though, i might buying new GPU a few years later.

45 minutes ago, DemonAtBudget said:

What is your budget? What build do you already got? Whats the use case. For the 1060, this seems overkill, GPU would bottleneck i think

My budget is only 1000$ just for the upgrade of new system, as you can see guys i’m using I5-4460 with Asus B85M-G motherboard with 16gb ddr3 ram, that’s why im planning to build a new system, but i want a new system that ciuld last for 5-10 years i think..

Hmm, I think, getting a 220$ cpu (R5 3600 or if you can wait then R5 5600 in 2021 Q1 hopefully)

Then ~110-120$ storage solution

100$ Ram (32Gigs)

110$ Motherboard

60~ $ Case

80~ $ PSU

And plug in the 1060.

My suggestion, but I would love the feedback of more intelligent people

2 hours ago, DemonAtBudget said:

Hmm, I think, getting a 220$ cpu (R5 3600 or if you can wait then R5 5600 in 2021 Q1 hopefully)

Then ~110-120$ storage solution

100$ Ram (32Gigs)

110$ Motherboard

60~ $ Case

80~ $ PSU

And plug in the 1060.

My suggestion, but I would love the feedback of more intelligent people

Hmmm that’s a great suggestion but i would take intel side for now, its not like i hate AMD but for now i want a CPU could last longer, i know AMD could do that but you know, i still prefer INTEL for gaming than AMD, im sorry but still it’s a great suggestion, thanks bro

Just now, MikOL said:

Hmmm that’s a great suggestion but i would take intel side for now, its not like i hate AMD but for now i want a CPU could last longer, i know AMD could do that but you know, i still prefer INTEL for gaming than AMD, im sorry but still it’s a great suggestion, thanks bro

Feels like you're  trying to not adopt the change. AMD CPU's last long. AMD is on par with intel now (almost), and once the 5600 and 5700x for budget people, its even better in gaming and in value. You can't deny that