Minecraft running on integrated graphics, not dedicated graphics

RagingInfernoLaptop
I have a pretty old laptop from 2012, i recently noticed while playing minecraft that i was using HD 4000 graphics when I had a integrated NVS 5200m onboard. I tried all the tricks in the book to get minecraft to use dedicated graphics. But it doesn't work since drivers past this point don't support NVS 5200m's and the nvidia control panel doesn't work with 2 year out of date drivers (or it doesn't work for me)
Is their anyway to change this?

Welcome to the forums!!!

Have you attempted to install the last supported driver for the NVS 5200M( If available...I hope)? I would have checked to see under NVIDIA control panel settings-> Manage 3D Settings to Minecraft and set the graphics adapter to NVS 5200M, but since you don't have an option to get to this point, I would try and get Nvidia control panel to work again. 

On a side note, have the thermal pastes of the laptop been replaced recently and dusted out? Its going on 8 year old paste that have pretty much went beyond its life span. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

15 minutes ago, RagingInfernoLaptop said:

I tried downloading the latest one but it says can't find any compatible hardware.

Do you have any more details on the make and model of your laptop? 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

27 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Do you have any more details on the make and model of your laptop? 

its a old samsung model, which i cant find the model for but it has a i7-3720Qm came with 4gb of 1333mhz ram had a 756GB 2.5" hard drive.

7 hours ago, RagingInfernoLaptop said:

its a old samsung model, which i cant find the model for but it has a i7-3720Qm came with 4gb of 1333mhz ram had a 756GB 2.5" hard drive.

Ok, I don't know if you got this far with Nvidia drivers but did you get to here at least? 

https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/164081/en-us

Does the NVS 5200M show up under device manager in Display adapters?

2 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Does the NVS 5200M show up under device manager in Display adapters?

1 minute ago, RagingInfernoLaptop said:

yes

Then is there anything installed under Settings->Apps for Nvidia? I would imagine there has to be something since the card is coming up in Device Manager. Is there anything under Intel's graphic control panel when you right click on the desktop to select which card to use or disable the hybrid graphics? This is pretty much hybrid graphics as the computer will resort to the integrated graphics for light use and then switch to the dedicated (NVS 5200M) for heavier workloads.