Good PC parts for long-term support

Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,
20 hours ago, Techno Blueberry said:

Thank you everyone for the recommendations! I guess I really should've just started on PC part picker myself. Though I am glad to see that at least the majority agree on the same CPU, so I'll definitely be using that. And the motherboard which I was going to have a really hard time deciding with, looks like I got great recommendations there too! I'll probably just take the terabyte drive from my laptop, as it has two drives and me moving all the games off it will no longer need it. Still going to have a hard time finding a display it looks like, and I am aiming for air cooling, because I don't really care about quietness, and that's a good place to save money in. I'll definitely need a more powerful power supply as well, as I am going for the 3000 series of Nvidia, it looks like based on the videos I've seen 1000 watt power supply is most recommended.

In fact, if anyone knows a case good for airflow, and size doesn't matter to me. Bigger is better for fitting if you ask me, that's what I'm aiming for.

Make sure your quote us or just @Techno Blueberry so that we can see your responses

Here's a small adjustment then, to suit your needs

Budget: More or less around $3000 CAD ($4500 CAD max)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Programs: 

1. Blender (3D modelling)
  2. Gimp 2 (2D art)
  3. Audacity (audio editing)

Games:

• Second life
  • Minecraft
  • VRchat

I do plan to use the system for virtual reality, and I like to run Minecraft with shaders, let alone second life‘s demanding properties. I also have many other Indy games that are generally demanding all around.

Other details:

No existing parts, other than a cheap mouse and keyboard. A VGA/DVI display from 2006.

I plan to buy as soon as the latest Nvidia GPUs are more readily available.

I’m thinking somewhere around the 100 FPS range for display, as I don’t have the fastest reaction time myself, also looking for a really good colour accuracy, and 4K.

RBG lighting not necessary. Being able to turn it all off is necessary though.

Oh and of course, looking for parts that I do not need to update for a long time. And avoiding one’s that will stop receiving updates to quickly.

Thanks for the read, and any future help! My first time trying to do something like this.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Moonlacer386 said:

You could obviously change the gpu and case for better airflow and maybe use a 5000 series ryzen cpu (prices are US btw)

Why not use canadian pcpp instead? Also why go with a sata SSD and budget X570 motherboard with slower ram at this price point?

Plus, that price on the H510 elite is just too much 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Thank you everyone for the recommendations! I guess I really should've just started on PC part picker myself. Though I am glad to see that at least the majority agree on the same CPU, so I'll definitely be using that. And the motherboard which I was going to have a really hard time deciding with, looks like I got great recommendations there too! I'll probably just take the terabyte drive from my laptop, as it has two drives and me moving all the games off it will no longer need it. Still going to have a hard time finding a display it looks like, and I am aiming for air cooling, because I don't really care about quietness, and that's a good place to save money in. I'll definitely need a more powerful power supply as well, as I am going for the 3000 series of Nvidia, it looks like based on the videos I've seen 1000 watt power supply is most recommended.

In fact, if anyone knows a case good for airflow, and size doesn't matter to me. Bigger is better for fitting if you ask me, that's what I'm aiming for.

Just don't go with an NZXT case if you want the best cooling, and maybe an x570 mobo for pcie gen 4 if you want the hyper fast speed

6 minutes ago, Moonlacer386 said:

Just don't go with an NZXT case if you want the best cooling, and maybe an x570 mobo for pcie gen 4 if you want the hyper fast speed

B550 has pcie gen 4.

Also, wait for the new AMD CPUs. Coming out Nov. 5. An AIO is not necessary at all, you could save a few bucks and go with a good air cooler.

CPU - Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler - EVGA CLC 240mm AIO  Motherboard - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | RAM - 16GB (2x8GB) Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 3600MHz CL17 | GPU - MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 3X OC | PSU -  EVGA 600 BQ | Storage - PNY CS3030 1TB NVMe SSD | Case Cooler Master TD500 Mesh

20 hours ago, Techno Blueberry said:

Make sure your quote us or just @Techno Blueberry so that we can see your responses

Here's a small adjustment then, to suit your needs

Primary PC: