Too Hot?

I am called A RTX2070

Heyo! I am new here.. and well I just got a new laptop here is the laptop: https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/dell-g5-15-15-6-full-hd-144hz-gaming-laptop-i7-rtx-2070

I mean yea its a great Laptop! But. I use it on my desk like a normal person I have the screen open meh bout 90 degrees. and I noticed that after a bit of gaming it was throttling

and it shut down

so I tried it on my lap. same thing  but this time the bottom vents were exposed. it hit 69c cpu and around 50c gpu I need help with this only because I like using my desk!

Thanks.

I dont think it can handle those specs but you could increase fan curves and undervolt which doesnt take away any performance

Some guy interested in tech

Well Yeah I press the G button on the keyboard I keep it enabled at all times and yea that doesnt work But! The Only thing that does is  

tilting the screen Not All the way down but very far maybe 120 degrees that exposes the vents alot more

Thank you for the reply

image.png

Oh yea How much do you recommend undervolting?

5 hours ago, Ataxion said:

I dont think it can handle those specs but you could increase fan curves and undervolt which doesnt take away any performance

Thanks

Hmm, Those temps i think are acceptable considering you are gaming. Laptops are not very good at thermals due to being very compact. You should worry when thermals reach 75 and above. But if you have the cash, Get a desktop for gaming. A laptop for all other stuff

2 minutes ago, Chino111 said:

Hmm, Those temps i think are acceptable considering you are gaming. Laptops are not very good at thermals due to being very compact. You should worry when thermals reach 75 and above. But if you have the cash, Get a desktop for gaming. A laptop for all other stuff

Yea Well I Move And Travel Everywhere. and I mean like.. Everywhere And Having a desktop is inconvenient (for Me)

2 minutes ago, I am called A RTX2070 said:

Yea Well I Move And Travel Everywhere. and I mean like.. Everywhere And Having a desktop is inconvenient (for Me)

Oops, so that's your situation. Well, you have a killer laptop already. You should not worry. if anything goes wrong. Atleast you have a warranty. LOL

Hmm, if your laptop works hot already with its 1080p144hz display. It will get hotter with a UHD display. A laptop cooler might help if you want. in my opinion, your high refresh rate laptop screen is better than this for gaming

I mean this is a killer setup

Oh mk

I will try get a cooling pad Any recommendations? 

Edited by I am called A RTX2070
Information that I prob wouldnt wanna show

Well in any case bro, You have more than enough to play anything under the sun. So Enjoy LOL

1 minute ago, I am called A RTX2070 said:

Mhm That is true XD I Just need a cooling soloution to get that extra squeeze out of my laptop LOL

In that case, go to advanced system settings>performance<select performance mode. it will focus less on animations on your desktop and more on your processes

Screenshot (14).png

Basically With this laptop the screen covers half the vents while having the screen normal if you tilt it close to closed (im talking 30 degrees in angle)

It doesnt block any vents with them all working!

3 minutes ago, I am called A RTX2070 said:

OMG YES IT WORKS!! 53c Gpu while fortnite epic RTX and 65c Cpu NICE XD

LOL

-> Moved to Air Cooling

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

15 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

-> Moved to Air Cooling

WoW hi moderator.. Btw my laptop is air cooled