ASUS RTX 2070 EVO with a 550w psu?

Bananamancer

Hi guys, 

Will a Seasonic Focus Plus 550w Gold be enough for the ASUS RTX 2070 EVO? I've used outervision's calculator and it says I have more than enough for the card. The only thing that worries me is that ASUS themselves recommends an 850w psu for this card according to their website

https://www.asus.com/ph/Graphics-Cards/DUAL-RTX2070-8G-EVO/specifications/

My full specs are:

i5-4690k

Gigabyte Z97 Gaming 5

Corsair h110i GT

16GB GSkill RipjawsX

500gb Samsung 860 Evo

1tb WD Black

500gb WD Blue

Seasonic Focus Plus 550w Gold

EDIT: I think I might have posted at the wrong section. I can repost this over at the PSU section if needed

Edited by Bananamancer

CPU: Intel i5-4690K @ Stock | GPU: Zotac GTX 970 @ Stock | COOLER:Corsair H110i GT Stock fans | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97-X Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x4GB GSKILL RIPJAWS X 1866mhz PSU: Silverstone 500W Strider Essential Series | CASE: NZXT S340 | CASE FANS: x1 120mm TT Riing red LED, x1 140mm TT Riing red LED MOUSE: Razer DeathAdder Chroma & Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Varmilo VA87MR Gateron Red Switches | HEADSET: Logitech G230 | SSD: ADATA 256GB SP900 HDD: 500GB WD Blue & 1TB WD Caviar Black OS: Windows 10 | DISPLAYS: ASUS VX239H and some shitty Samsung 720p

The big issue with PSUs lately has been the spike draw from new CPUs.  You’ve got an old cpu that doesn’t do that as much though.  I’m not sure how hard on PSUs the 2070 is by itself.  Could be fine.  Not 100% though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I have the same PSU. I am running OC 10600k and 2080 super with ease. Gamers Nexus did the testings and you could also run OC 9900k and 2080 ti.