Weirdest Problem Ever...Please help...

CrazyA94

Guys, I'm genuinely at my witts end here. I've tried EVERYTHING and I still can't resolve my problem.

My computer randomly black screens and the only way to resolve it is to hold power off and hard power reset the machine.

This DOESN'T happen on a schedule - Some days it happens 4-5 times and others my PC is fine for weeks on end.

This is the weird part...Whenever my PC dies and I restart it, it kills my Iphone 11 pro max's internet connection for around a minute but the router itself stays connected.

I know this because when it black screens I asked my Fiancé if she could still access the internet & she said yes.

I can't get anything from the event viewer because it dies before I get a chance to see the logs etc (Also it dies so fast it doesn't log anything).

There are also no notable logs or ANY logs that always happen before the crash.

I've re-installed windows 2-3 times in different ways and cleared my HDD.

I've tried re-installing NVidia software about 84723402348 times inc safe mode and using removal tools.

I've tried re-seating all the cables and the RAM.

I don't think it's the PSU because when it black screens, the PC stays running but no sound, no picture, no input and no response from anything.

I'm genuinely unsure what to suggest or do at this point.

I built my PC back in 2014 and I've only upgraded it once / twice with graphics and SSD.

Here is my part list:

Intel i7 4820k
H110i GTX AIO
Asus P9X79
16Gb DDR3 667MHz Corsair 
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD (Windows)
Western Digital WD20 2Tb
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Superclocked
Soundblaster Z sound card
ASUS PCE-AC68 Network adapter
NZXT OG Case
Corsair 760i 80+ Platinum ATX PSU

I'm going to buy a new PC early Jan but PLEASE for the sake of my sanity, someone help..

WHOEVER HELPS ME FIX THIS WILL GET A GITFED GAME ON STEAM - AND FRANKLY AT THIS POINT, LINUS, IF YOU WANT ME TO SEND IT TO YOU TO DESTORY / FIX - I'll PAY FOR SHIPPING IF YOU BUY THE RIG 😭

This sounds like a video card issue to me. On my old laptop, I would have the same problem (minus losing internet on my phone) and I fixed it by disabling the discrete graphics.

Have you tried running stress tests? Usually you can find which component is failing by stress testing them individually.

For now, I would try underclocking your video card. This will relieve some stress on it, so it may be less likely to fail.

41 minutes ago, ShadySocks said:

This sounds like a video card issue to me. On my old laptop, I would have the same problem (minus losing internet on my phone) and I fixed it by disabling the discrete graphics.

Have you tried running stress tests? Usually you can find which component is failing by stress testing them individually.

For now, I would try underclocking your video card. This will relieve some stress on it, so it may be less likely to fail.

Does nothing. I've had the Graphics card Overclocked, Underclocked and literally at the lowest setting.

Black screening still happens sporadically and completely randomly at any of the above levels.

Doesn't make any difference at all! Sorry bud!

• 1 month later...

Guys - Update 2.0

I've done everything I can think of at this point.

BIOS is most recent version

ALL drivers for the parts of the machine have been updated

I've run AIDA4 to stress test it

I've changed loads of different versions of my graphics card settings with underclocking and fan speeds etc etc

I REALLY want this to work as I can't afford a new PC right now.

Any suggestions? Does anyone want dump files or Screenshots of the event viewer etc?

Thanks!