Headset for the "High End" Gamer $150-$220

RazerFanBoy

Helloo. Looking for a good pair of headphones that are prefferably black or have a red LED's for my new build. A microphone would be great but is not a necceseity.

Thanks in advance. (I know "RazerFanBoy" but not feeling like something thats green with a red and black build) :D

Hi. :o

What kind of headphones do you prefer, closed or open?

Closed.

Wireless or wired? 

Wired: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/vengeance-1500-dolby-7-1-usb-gaming-headset-v2

Wireless: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/vengeance-2100-dolby-7-1-wireless-gaming-headset

I personally have the 1500's and they are amazing, I hardly know they are there, I have gotten up many times and almost pulled my pc off my desk. I also managed to spill soda inside the ear cup, and they still work, overall great quality.

Closed.

What kind of music do you listen to? The Sony 1R would fit your build perfectly, but is quite treblehappy,

Of course something like a Custom One Pro or a V-Moda Crossfade LP would be good too looks wise, since you can customize the plates on the side.

Out of those 3 I would go with the Custom One Pros

And with the V-Modas you can get the "BoomPro" which add a microphone --> voila, headset. Beyerdynamics sells something similar but I don't know how its called and where you can buy it.

THE signature

If you enjoy your music, don't get a headset (headphones with attached mic), they will sound crappy lol, I'd consider getting a decent pair of headphones like the Custom One Pro's/ATH-M50's + a modmic from www.modmic.com, a cheaper option would be a Zalman Clip on mic and/or if you're looking for something with a lot better quality, Blue Snowball is a good choice. 

V-Moda Crossfade LP would be good too looks wise, since you can customize the plates on the side.

I have the V-Moda Crossfade LP's, they sound really good for my music taste (metalcore/deathcore/djent) as they are bass heavy, sadly I had to bump up the highs just a tad, I'd also recommend the XL Cushions for these since they tend to get really uncomfortable after few hours.

Well, I'm sold on the Custom One Pro's! Thanks guys ^.^