Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is my GPU broken?

So months ago my ex put her foot through my pc case and bend the gpu. I tried to bend it back after I opened it and also change the thermal compound. The thing is that I don't play stresful games usually. Titanfall 2 and sometimes Division 2 worked great, but after I tried horizon zero down and my god, the fps drops were so constant. I want to buy RDR2 but I don't know if the GPU will work good enough for it. It's an 1070 TI.

 

How could I test my gpu to see if it still works as it should?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Denyl said:

So months ago my ex put her foot through my pc case and bend the gpu. I tried to bend it back after I opened it and also change the thermal compound. The thing is that I don't play stresful games usually. Titanfall 2 and sometimes Division 2 worked great, but after I tried horizon zero down and my god, the fps drops were so constant. I want to buy RDR2 but I don't know if the GPU will work good enough for it. It's an 1070 TI.

 

How could I test my gpu to see if it still works as it should?

Cinebench or uniengine (spp) stress tests.

My guess is it's busted for good

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Cinebench or uniengine (spp) stress tests.

My guess is it's busted for good

These are the results I got in uniengine

Capture.PNG

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Denyl said:

These are the results I got in uniengine

Capture.PNG

Strange but I have these for 4k 

Capture2.PNG

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Denyl said:

These are the results I got in uniengine

Well if it didn't crash, that's probably a good sign. I'd run some other free (but modern) games and see what happens. If they behave, then it's just that one game, if they misbehave, then it's new GFX card time

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×