Question about wireless adaptors.

MewMew

Is anyone using a BrosTrend wireless adaptor?

I'm not sure which one to get.

Would i be alright getting an AC650 with 1000 down or should i buy a better adaptor? I'm not sure if this will be speedy enough for my internet connection however i don't want to pay a ton.

Thanks.

春の八王子、君はもういない。独り八王子、君はいないから。春の八王子、君はもういない。独り八王子、君はいないから。

17 minutes ago, MewMew said:

I'm not sure which one to get.

Would i be alright getting an AC650 with 1000 down or should i buy a better adaptor? I'm not sure if this will be speedy enough for my internet connection however i don't want to pay a ton.

Are you looking for a USB-adapter or a PCIe-one? The latter typically have far better performance and range. As for your Internet-connection: how much bandwidth are you paying for and how fast speeds can your access-point handle? Buying the fastest adapter in the world will do nothing, if the access-point isn't up to task.

A very good and fast WiFi-adapter that goes in a PCIe-slot would be an Intel AX200NGW with a M.2 -> PCIe - adapter, like e.g. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-AX200NGW-Wi-Fi-6-2-4Gbps-Wireless-BT-5-0-Dual-band-Desktop-PCI-e-Card/254680891767

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

7 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Are you looking for a USB-adapter or a PCIe-one?

Sorry, i should have been more specific - USB.

I don't have the option of having a pcie adaptor sadly, (i don't think, i'll have to check my motherboard).

I use a 5G wireless connection and i get an average of 380mbs down with over 3 devices connected. (I'm paying way more for that but it's wireless, so i'm assuming it won't be 100% stable, plus tons of things using my bandwidth.)

春の八王子、君はもういない。独り八王子、君はいないから。春の八王子、君はもういない。独り八王子、君はいないから。

Just now, MewMew said:

Sorry, i should have been more specific - USB

I don't have anything to recommend then. Perhaps someone else will chime in with something suitable for your needs.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.