Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

System doesn't post after installing in case...

So I just build a new computer and it wouldn't post. Got it out of the case onto the motherboard box and tried again. Worked like a charm. Installed Windows and the latest drivers. Installed it back in the case. CPU error LED again...

Manual descreption meaning error LED: indicated CPU is not detected or fail.

 

Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600

Mobo: MSI B350M Gaming Pro

RAM: Crucial Ballistix sport LT BLS2K4G4S240FSD

GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580

SSD: Crucial m.2 500GB

PSU: Antec 520 Watt 80plus Bronze

 

The case I mounted it in is the Fractal Design Focus G (Blue)

 

Any suggetions are more then welcome. Even your wildest guesses because I have no flipping idea how this is possible...

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tialon said:

So I just build a new computer and it wouldn't post. Got it out of the case onto the motherboard box and tried again. Worked like a charm. Installed Windows and the latest drivers. Installed it back in the case. CPU error LED again...

Manual descreption meaning error LED: indicated CPU is not detected or fail.

 

Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600

Mobo: MSI B350M Gaming Pro

RAM: Crucial Ballistix sport LT BLS2K4G4S240FSD

GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580

SSD: Crucial m.2 500GB

PSU: Antec 520 Watt 80plus Bronze

 

The case I mounted it in is the Fractal Design Focus G (Blue)

 

Any suggetions are more then welcome. Even your wildest guesses because I have no flipping idea how this is possible...

 

 

 

Make sure all power cables are connected. I had the same issue a couple of weeks ago with my new build. Everything was connected to the motherboard but turns out the CPU cable was removed from the PSU when folding in the leftover SATA cables.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Something might be shorting the motherboard, make sure you don’t have any extra motherboard case standoffs or anything else touching the back of the motherboard. And obviously double check all power cables are all the way plugged in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Naijin said:

Make sure all power cables are connected. I had the same issue a couple of weeks ago with my new build. Everything was connected to the motherboard but turns out the CPU cable was removed from the PSU when folding in the leftover SATA cables.

I've checked them almost a dozen times by now... are seated correctly. any other idea's?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The_russian said:

Something might be shorting the motherboard, make sure you don’t have any extra motherboard case standoffs or anything else touching the back of the motherboard. And obviously double check all power cables are all the way plugged in.

Thanks for the suggestion! checking right now!

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, The_russian said:

Something might be shorting the motherboard, make sure you don’t have any extra motherboard case standoffs or anything else touching the back of the motherboard. And obviously double check all power cables are all the way plugged in.

It was an extra standoff.... thx for the help!!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×