Quiet keyboard suggestions

DVA

Hi fellas, so it's been a while since I was on these forums but I'm gonna cut straight to the chase. 

I'm looking for a very quiet keyboard that is at least backlit so I can use it in the dark. My son is now 10 months old and likes to nap on my bed. So I'm trying to take advantage of my free time but he HATES the sound of my current mecha-membrane keyboard so I'm looking for something a lot quieter.. I've been out of the loop on my tech for the past year or so and I'd like to know what's the best on the market. Budget is probably max $100 usd give or take @ little. 

Thanks for the help everyone. 

1 hour ago, DVA said:

Hi fellas, so it's been a while since I was on these forums but I'm gonna cut straight to the chase. 

I'm looking for a very quiet keyboard that is at least backlit so I can use it in the dark. My son is now 10 months old and likes to nap on my bed. So I'm trying to take advantage of my free time but he HATES the sound of my current mecha-membrane keyboard so I'm looking for something a lot quieter.. I've been out of the loop on my tech for the past year or so and I'd like to know what's the best on the market. Budget is probably max $100 usd give or take @ little. 

Thanks for the help everyone. 

At that point I would go with a membrane keyboard if it needs to be really quiet. 

Membrane would be really quiet as mentioned before and if you can find one backlit then go for it. 

If not then you could try to find a keyboard with silent switches, those switches have dampers inside that soften the down stroke and up stroke, something like mx cherry silent red switches.  Those are not the best but they probably are the most common silent switches that you can find in prebuilt keyboard.  I know durgod, ducky and leopold use them and probably a lot of other brands too but I can't remember them right now. 

There's also the option to get a barebone like the gmmk and buy the silent switches you would want.  The mx silent red are linear and if you don't like linear well meh ... I don't think cherry make some tactile silent.  Kailh have silent switches too ... I know about two of them :  the linear one is the silent box pink and the tactile one is the silent box brown.  Those two got some good reviews.  Also I heard that zilent switches from zealpc are also quite good. 

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD

Try and get a keyboard that has the Cherry MX Silent Reds, as they are meant for that sort of senario.