DS4 Input latency

jmsn15

I am using the DS4windows how do i reduce the input latency because it goes up to 10ms delay

58 minutes ago, Bad5ector said:

Use a USB cable to connect your DS4... otherwise, that's Bluetooth for ya.

i use bluetooth but sometimes it has high delays

That's my point. Bluetooth has latency unfortunately. It's one of the reasons (from my understanding) that the Elite Controller from MS didn't support BT until its most recent version. The Xbox 1 X (I think that's the model), it came with a BT enabled controller but natively used it's proprietary 2.4ghz connection to the console. But gave you the option to pair via BT. I used it with my Nvidia Shield TV, and was pulling my hair out when playing my games due to latency. 

The only way I know to reduce that latency would be to use a cable to connect the controller, or get the 2.4ghz connector to work. I think you can actually purchase that as an adapter for the DS4 now tbh. 

EDIT: This is what I mean:

https://www.amazon.ca/Sony-DualShock-USB-Wireless-Adaptor/dp/B01KWLKKQU

23 minutes ago, Bad5ector said:

That's my point. Bluetooth has latency unfortunately. It's one of the reasons (from my understanding) that the Elite Controller from MS didn't support BT until its most recent version. The Xbox 1 X (I think that's the model), it came with a BT enabled controller but natively used it's proprietary 2.4ghz connection to the console. But gave you the option to pair via BT. I used it with my Nvidia Shield TV, and was pulling my hair out when playing my games due to latency. 

The only way I know to reduce that latency would be to use a cable to connect the controller, or get the 2.4ghz connector to work. I think you can actually purchase that as an adapter for the DS4 now tbh. 

EDIT: This is what I mean:

https://www.amazon.ca/Sony-DualShock-USB-Wireless-Adaptor/dp/B01KWLKKQU

thank you for that i didnt know they had a DS4 adaptor dongle. My generic bluetooth isnt that bad but it still has latency issues 

9 minutes ago, jmsn15 said:

hank you for that i didnt know they had a DS4 adaptor dongle.

Hey no worries. Anytime.