is HDMI 2.1 worth it?

Strayan_Hades
Go to solution Solved by SkilledRebuilds,
Just now, Strayan_Hades said:

Hi,

So really it comes down to Hdmi 2.1 support and yes I'm a hugh fan of VRR ( Gsync / freesync ) PC gaming.

Cheers.

You kinda answered your own question there...

Yep, IMO. because you never know what you'll buy in the future, why not have the standard to support future devices.

Hi,

My KDL55W800C just decided to die with the dreaded 6 red light flashes. Lucklly I've got a decent 5 year warranty with my store an they offering me store credit.

So I've come to the conclusion between two TV's in the Sony range XBR55X900H vs XBR55X950H. 

Rtings comparison: https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/compare/sony-x900h-vs-sony-x950h/12284/1777?usage=11114&threshold=0.1

So really it comes down to Hdmi 2.1 support and yes I'm a hugh fan of VRR ( Gsync / freesync ) PC gaming.

So is HDMI 2.1 worth it?

Cheers.

Just now, Strayan_Hades said:

Hi,

Cheers.

Yep, IMO. because you never know what you'll buy in the future, why not have the standard to support future devices.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

1 minute ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

True I guess your right haha. Best to allow for that technology and support because I'm a PC gamer.