CRT Monitors

Supercat64

Who else still uses a CRT monitor?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who else still uses a CRT monitor?

• yes I use it with my daily
    • yes but with my older rig or backup
    • no it's 2020 and oled and ips panels are just fine

Let us CRT users have a chance to show people that they can still hang with the cool kids! With their adjustable resolutions and refresh rates. You can choose how high or low you want the resolution along with what refresh rate can pair with that resolution. And lower resolutions actually scale properly. (Mine is set to 1080x1440 at 91hz right now).

PC monitor CRT.jpg

12 years ago was the last time i had a CRT,I replaced it with a Plasma that in the end was replaced with a LCD.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

1 minute ago, Vishera said:

12 years ago was the last time i had a CRT,I replaced it with a Plasma that in the end was replaced with a LCD.

Plasma TV's are cool but last I saw one they just don't hold up in daytime lighting conditions

i used to play emulators on a 17" crt monitor using super resolutions

2560x240 31khz enabled real scanlines, but they were way too thick and sharp, so i ended up getting a crt tv, rgb modding it and getting an older amd card for modded drivers that output 15khz

since i only used mine for old console gamers, it didn't do it for me, but my god how good older pc titles like diablo 2 and starcraft 1 looked

they are the best if you want to play old pc games that were fixed at 640x480 or 800x600, those look terrible on modern displays

They're still better than crappy LCD especially in terms of motion clarity. The flexibility of res/Hz adjustment is neat. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I don’t think id ever move to a LCD. I just plan hate them. I have a 22” triton as of now. 

there are like 2 consumer oled PC monitors. we mostly have oled in the smaller and bigger parts of the screnns market (phones and tablets and laptops at the small end of the market and TVs at the bigger end of the market)