Autodesk Inventor 2020 Professional Install Failed

NobodyOfNote

Hi, all!

I am unable to install Autodesk Inventor 2020 Professional. I have installed in the past, but I switched computers from an Intel Core i5 4460 to a Ryzen 5 3600. I tried reinstalling it, but halfway through the download, it says the download failed, giving me error code 1603. I couldn't find any logs of the install. Here is a screenshot of the failed install. I have tried multiple things, nothing has worked. Getting a new license, reinstalling the installer, and a few other things have not worked. The CPU has not been overclocked. Please help, I need Inventor installed for my engineering class.

Screenshot 2020-10-15 004247.png

If you used the Browser method of download, make sure you have three (3) separate files before trying to install.  The files are self-expanding EXE files which I would run and expand to a common folder.  Then install from this folder.

I mean did you actually look up the error code it gave you?

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Error-1603-during-installation-of-Autodesk-software.html

Causes:

Error 1603 is a generic error generated by the Microsoft Windows Installer (MSI). This error tends to be system-related, rather than linked to a specific software. The following are common examples of the 1603 error:
  • Setup Logs:
    • Install <AutodeskProduct> <Version> Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603.
  • Dialog box during installation:
    • Error 1603: A fatal error occurred during installation.
  • Other Messages:
    • Install .NET Framework Runtime 3.0 Failed Failure is ignored, Result=1603.
    • Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express(AUTODESKVAULT) Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603.
    • Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable (x86) Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603.