Laptop Display Issue

Hello,

I recently found my old Toshiba Laptop (Toshiba Satellite L510), I tried turning it on to look at my old photos, and noticed that the laptop display would not work properly, I would only saw a grey screen. That's all, no cursors, nada. Then someone told me to check if I can see the screen if I connect it to an external display via a VGA cable. I tried it and it works! But it would be a lot better if i could use the laptop display though. I can safely tell that my display isn't broken. I suspect the display driver, The laptop was running windows 7, I have updated it to windows 10 since I prefer windows 10 more. I tried looking for its display drivers on the internet, and don't seem to find it. I only found the Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family driver, the problem is not fixed. Its still showing the grey screen.

Are there any other ways I can fix the laptop display ?

Thanks in advance.

IMG_20201015_102242.jpg

8 hours ago, Player. said:

Hello,

I recently found my old Toshiba Laptop (Toshiba Satellite L510), I tried turning it on to look at my old photos, and noticed that the laptop display would not work properly, I would only saw a grey screen. That's all, no cursors, nada. Then someone told me to check if I can see the screen if I connect it to an external display via a VGA cable. I tried it and it works! But it would be a lot better if i could use the laptop display though. I can safely tell that my display isn't broken. I suspect the display driver, The laptop was running windows 7, I have updated it to windows 10 since I prefer windows 10 more. I tried looking for its display drivers on the internet, and don't seem to find it. I only found the Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family driver, the problem is not fixed. Its still showing the grey screen.

Are there any other ways I can fix the laptop display ?

Thanks in advance.

IMG_20201015_102242.jpg

I never heard of a driver making a screen not work, windows 7 drivers can usually talk and transmit basic stuff with windowns 10 and get a picture on the screen so you could install the proper driver. 

But you say that you can tell me the display isnt broken (so tell me why, I want to know), and if an external display was working then connect it to an external display, downlaod the drivers (tell which drivers you need and ill find then for you if you want) and then try the laptop again