GPU help

SuperDudeX

Hi recently i have tried to fix my low GPU and CPU usages in games as most of the time my CPU and GPU doesn't exceed 50% and i get it in pretty much all games other than warzone for some reason specs (ryzern 5 1600, 1660 super, 16gb ram one 2400 and other 3000 and overclocked to 2933mhz ssd etc) but by doing so i have made the situation worse as now when i look around in games my GPU decides to decrease a lot to the point where im on like 10fps and the usage goes as low as 10% 

i have tried everything such as reverting what i did to try and fix it, clear bios so no ram overclocks etc but nothing is working maybe there was something i did but cant remember what.

I updated bios GPU and chipset drivers so maybe it was that but  would have no clue how to revert 

also i play games such as minecraft where i go as low as 15fps, warzone and rust theses are the games i have been playing recently

Any help would be appreciated thanks!

My friend has this issue with his 8700 and 1070 his temps are pretty high but not quite thermal throttling temperatures, but his clock speeds drops. Does this sound like what you are experiencing when it happens?

I concur with @Nick Neuburg.  Temperatures should be checked.  If you’ve got thermal problems it could explain your issue.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.