PC Lags and Freezes in Games

Hello Everyone!

My PC was working fine until one day , sometimes when using Google Chrome(especially Google Maps) my PC generally started getting very laggy , then it freezes for 10-15 seconds and it unfreezes.

When i want to play games instead , it does not even hold couple minutes now , for example it freezes when i click play in a game lobby.

• I changed GPU , nothing changed.
  • I tried my RAM's separately and in different positions.I run memory diagnostics and no errors . I did not use new ones, because i just bought them and they worked fine an the start.
  • I bought a new SSD and installed new windows there and again the same problem is occuring.

If anyone knows what the problem might be , that would be awesome. Thanks in advance!

My specs:

CPU :  AMD FX-8350

GPU:  RX 480

Motherboard:  ASRock 990FX Extreme 3

RAM:  HyperX DDR3 16GB (Kit 2X 8GB) 1866MHz

Operating System: Windows 10 pro

3 hours ago, crazytazz said:

Hello Everyone!

My PC was working fine until one day , sometimes when using Google Chrome(especially Google Maps) my PC generally started getting very laggy , then it freezes for 10-15 seconds and it unfreezes.

When i want to play games instead , it does not even hold couple minutes now , for example it freezes when i click play in a game lobby.

• I changed GPU , nothing changed.
  • I tried my RAM's separately and in different positions.I run memory diagnostics and no errors . I did not use new ones, because i just bought them and they worked fine an the start.
  • I bought a new SSD and installed new windows there and again the same problem is occuring.

If anyone knows what the problem might be , that would be awesome. Thanks in advance!

My specs:

That is an odd problem, if you have and overclocks have you tried running at stock speeds? If not give that a try and the only other thing I can see may be worth a try is running any apps you have problems with in comparability mode? Make sure any windows updates are done and driver updates are also installed, and finally, check your cpu, ssd, ram and gpu usage whilst trying to do a basic task such as Google maps, using task manager and get back to me with your findings should your problem persist

1. so , i tried using Google Maps as crazy as possible with alot of tabs open aind i made it freeze kinda , in the task manager i saw my ssd running 100% but read and write speeds were 0 KB/s. The same problem accured with my other ssd as well, so i do not thing this is a harddrive issue. My PC stopped working properly, i could use some functions , probably because those were still saved in the RAM, but then it froze for couple seconds. After the first freeze , my PC  tents to freeze more easily.  What do you reckon?

2 hours ago, crazytazz said:
  1. so , i tried using Google Maps as crazy as possible with alot of tabs open aind i made it freeze kinda , in the task manager i saw my ssd running 100% but read and write speeds were 0 KB/s. The same problem accured with my other ssd as well, so i do not thing this is a harddrive issue. My PC stopped working properly, i could use some functions , probably because those were still saved in the RAM, but then it froze for couple seconds. After the first freeze , my PC  tents to freeze more easily.  What do you reckon?

Quote people next time please

How much memory do you have installed? Can you list your specs on your next post please, an ssd running at 100% on boot is pretty normal but during Google maps I'd expect it to be around 10 and 30% usage, it could freeze for many options so to narrow it down please tell me your specs, how the cpu is cooked and tempreatures of your cpu, thanks

18 hours ago, Stargaze obama said:

Quote people next time please

How much memory do you have installed? Can you list your specs on your next post please, an ssd running at 100% on boot is pretty normal but during Google maps I'd expect it to be around 10 and 30% usage, it could freeze for many options so to narrow it down please tell me your specs, how the cpu is cooked and tempreatures of your cpu, thanks

My specs:

SSD: 860 EVO

My CPU is watercooled (cooler master masterliquid ml120l), i have 16 GB of RAM. I made a screenshot while it froze, monitoring the Temps(in attachments).  

I realized in freezes for couple of seconds when i click very fast multiple times in Google maps .

I disabled prefetch and superfetch, i installed my motherboards on-board SATA driver(Windows 8 latest version )  , also disabled prefetch in Google Chrome and checked for latest firmware for my ssd ,but nothing changed.

HWMonitor.png

4 hours ago, crazytazz said:

My specs:

SSD: 860 EVO

My CPU is watercooled (cooler master masterliquid ml120l), i have 16 GB of RAM. I made a screenshot while it froze, monitoring the Temps(in attachments).  

I realized in freezes for couple of seconds when i click very fast multiple times in Google maps .

I disabled prefetch and superfetch, i installed my motherboards on-board SATA driver(Windows 8 latest version )  , also disabled prefetch in Google Chrome and checked for latest firmware for my ssd ,but nothing changed.

HWMonitor.png

My software knowledge is limited and from what I understand you system should be working fine, everything is funtioning as it should and everything is directly compatible, if you have a spare drive install a fresh windows on it and try the same google maps testing that your having issues with, if it still persists then I'd assume it's hardware related, if the issue stops then something on your PC is not playing nice, hope I helped but I'm completely confused by this problem