Is it a good idea? (streaming/recording gaming system)

Go to solution Solved by StrawberryShortCakes,
3 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

matx benefits over mini:

- less dense pcb, lower temp.

- usually have 1 more m.2 and more sata port.

- 2 more ram slot.

- 1-2 more pcie slots can be handy (internal capture card, high end soundcards etc.)

3 hours ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

Coming from a guy who uses a h100i platinum and a h510 lol. 

It does matter at all. For factors can change the entire experience of building a pc, for expample, if you wanted a internal streaming card for an ITX build, good luck. If you wanted more than 32gb or 64gb of ram, good luck, the list goes on and on. Form factor matters a lot, and can be the difference between having a decent experience and not being able to even fully complete your build 

But, as @SupaKomputa said, there are some very noteable advantages to going MATX. Otherwise, here's some advice:

- If you plan to use a AIO, MATX is probably the way to go, as an ITX case can complicate the installation of the aio, as well as the size and where you can mount it.

-It can also change your airflow/case selection- There are plenty of good airflow Matx cases out there, but very few ITX cases out there that have decent airflow. MATX overall gives you more freedom, both to choose, and to build, which leads me into my next point: Building a ITX pc can be a nightmare, especially if you want to have extra cabling for things such as RGB, which will clutter up your poor case even more. MATX cases may still have this problem, just ITX brings it up another notch.

-Component selection goes down, while your stress levels go up, because now you'll have to worry about even more: Component clearance. Usually it isn't an issue with ATX/MATX cases, but for ITX, coolers, ram, gpus, hell, sometimes even PSUs need to be reduced form-factor, which can also impact temps, like I mentioned earlier, and you'll have to keep that in mind during the time when you select components ("Will that GPU fit in my case? Is it too wide? Too long? Too thick?") 

Thanks guys I'll make it m-atx then. 

I just finished putting Shelly's system together for her future streaming. We're not sure if we'll be getting a playstation V yet since we're new to streaming games. 

Usually most streaming systems are m-atx to have extra pcie upgrades such as (crossfire or SLI) or adding a recording card. Since crossfire and SLI is mostly dead I was wondering if I did my own system in m-itx be a good idea? 

Or is still going m-atx like Rita and Shelly still the better option? 

What do you guys think give me your opinion 

I'm really into small systems but not sure is it a good idea. 

Silent Cerberus - Fractal Design Core500,Ryzen R7 3700x,Scythe Fuma 2,Gigabyte Aorus B550i Pro AX,Crucial Ballistix Elite 3200mhz cl16 16gb,Adata XPG SX8200 nvme 512gb m.2 ssd,Lexar NS100 1tb ssd,Red Dragon RX5700 8gb(bio flashed 5700xt),Corsair SF600 SFX 600w 80+ platinum F-Modular. 

Hades - dO.Ob Look into my eyes and see the dark eternal abyss that is your soul and pay for your hidden sins. 

Cerberus - the hell hound that guards the gates of hell. Once you enter you'll never escape. 

9 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

crossfire or SLI

imagine using sli

9 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

or adding a recording card

completely unnecessary

10 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

was wondering if I did my own system in m-itx be a good idea? 

Or is still going m-atx like Rita and Shelly still the better option? 

it literally shouldn't matter at all. all that matters is things such as GPU, RAM and CPU

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

matx benefits over mini:

- 2 more ram slot.

- 1-2 more pcie slots can be handy (internal capture card, high end soundcards etc.)

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

32 minutes ago, eeeee1 said:

imagine using sli

completely unnecessary

it literally shouldn't matter at all. all that matters is things such as GPU, RAM and CPU

It does matter at all. For factors can change the entire experience of building a pc, for expample, if you wanted a internal streaming card for an ITX build, good luck. If you wanted more than 32gb or 64gb of ram, good luck, the list goes on and on. Form factor matters a lot, and can be the difference between having a decent experience and not being able to even fully complete your build 

But, as @SupaKomputa said, there are some very noteable advantages to going MATX. Otherwise, here's some advice:

- If you plan to use a AIO, MATX is probably the way to go, as an ITX case can complicate the installation of the aio, as well as the size and where you can mount it.

-It can also change your airflow/case selection- There are plenty of good airflow Matx cases out there, but very few ITX cases out there that have decent airflow. MATX overall gives you more freedom, both to choose, and to build, which leads me into my next point: Building a ITX pc can be a nightmare, especially if you want to have extra cabling for things such as RGB, which will clutter up your poor case even more. MATX cases may still have this problem, just ITX brings it up another notch.

-Component selection goes down, while your stress levels go up, because now you'll have to worry about even more: Component clearance. Usually it isn't an issue with ATX/MATX cases, but for ITX, coolers, ram, gpus, hell, sometimes even PSUs need to be reduced form-factor, which can also impact temps, like I mentioned earlier, and you'll have to keep that in mind during the time when you select components ("Will that GPU fit in my case? Is it too wide? Too long? Too thick?") 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

3 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

matx benefits over mini:

- 2 more ram slot.

3 hours ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

Thanks guys I'll make it m-atx then. 

Silent Cerberus - Fractal Design Core500,Ryzen R7 3700x,Scythe Fuma 2,Gigabyte Aorus B550i Pro AX,Crucial Ballistix Elite 3200mhz cl16 16gb,Adata XPG SX8200 nvme 512gb m.2 ssd,Lexar NS100 1tb ssd,Red Dragon RX5700 8gb(bio flashed 5700xt),Corsair SF600 SFX 600w 80+ platinum F-Modular. 

Hades - dO.Ob Look into my eyes and see the dark eternal abyss that is your soul and pay for your hidden sins. 

Cerberus - the hell hound that guards the gates of hell. Once you enter you'll never escape.