Best Headphones for $50-$125 US.

toms94z71

I am considering buying some new head phones, not for sure if I will, but I would like to spend no more then 125 usd, just looking for suggestions in this range, I don't use head phones a whole lot so I can't justify spending much more then that on a set when I may only were them a few times a month. I live by myself  in a house with about 150 yards or so to the next house so I  use my logitech 5.1 surround speakers most of the time when I game or watch movies with since I don't normally have to be quiet. However I do have my 2 kids every other weekend and occasionally other days and when I do I would like some half way decent head phones that I can listen to after they go to bed so the noise doesn't keep them up. I also like to listen to music when I am on the riding mower cutting grass so I really want a set that is half way decent at blocking out noise, but they don't have to be noise canceling. My old $40 koss ones I got about a decade ago are about worn out now, and it is getting time for a new set and I would like something a little better. I don't expect superior perfect sound out of a sub $100 set of head phones just looking for something decent and durable. 

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

I have a pair of these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002DGTGNG/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1REF5YSY09X57Y0X1CNJ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1688200382&pf_rd_i=507846 And I just did a quick mod this afternoon to give them some more bass and I love them. They aren't the most well built, but you can get a manufacture refurb from ebay for 30 bucks which is a great bargin.

I have a pair of these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002DGTGNG/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1REF5YSY09X57Y0X1CNJ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1688200382&pf_rd_i=507846 And I just did a quick mod this afternoon to give them some more bass and I love them. They aren't the most well built, but you can get a manufacture refurb from ebay for 30 bucks which is a great bargin.

they look nice, and sound like a good bang for the buck head phone.

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

Koss Pro DJ100's can be had for like $40~50 and are pretty durable if that's what you're looking for.

Current PC: AMD FX8320 || PNY GTX 770 || 2x4GB || ASUS M5A97 || Corsair TX 750 V2 || Asus Essence STX || CM Storm Enforcer
Peripherals: Logitech G500S || Cooler Master Quickfire TK || Audio-Technica AT2020 || Focusrite iTrack Solo || Q701 + DT990 Pro

thanks for all the suggestions everyone, I will have to take a look at all of these and see what I think. Might pull the trigger on a set  tomorrow depending what the bank account looks like.

Arthur M. Schlesinger

thanks for all the suggestions everyone, I will have to take a look at all of these and see what I think. Might pull the trigger on a set  tomorrow depending what the bank account looks like.

The $80 deal for the Silverados is gone but there is still 1 for $105. I assume that after today that will be gone too since that's been the trend when they went on sale previously.