Dont pay $2200 for an XPS 15 9500 -> Screen issue

Hello people from Earth,

I recently got my new XPS 15 9500 with i7 10750H, 16GB, 512GB, 1650Ti and Win 10 Home provided by my company.

First thing: Touchpad double clicking, using an external mouse.

Second thing: Screen issues, see image below...

When the display works, its just terrible to use. It has a really terrible response time.

Watching movies is pretty good but working is just horror. I replaced my old XPS 9570 wich allready had a terrible response time, but this is just sad. My private machine is Blade 17 Pro, yeah I know going from 300Hz to 60Hz is part of the problem. But Iam also used to the 9570 Display. Its just too much for the premium we pay. Dell is doing a particularly bad job with their customer service. I will send this device back and finally join my comrades and their Thinkpad gang.

What a shame.

The problem: Its happening at any time. With the new docking station, with the original charger, without charger, typing on it, not typing on it. Dont know at this point. Its not a hinge problem, I can move the hinge in any direction without producing this failure. Reddit says its due to bad soldering. Yeah, bad soldering in a 2000€ device. Nice Dell.

20201008_164657.jpg

Well doesnt matter the price there is always production failure.

There are cars worth 500k+ and still exploding for no reason.

Talk with Dell even if they are bad,and replace the device or get something else.

So far what ive read most of the people say that Lenovo customer service is much better.

Anyway for what do you use your laptop,what kind of work?

Whoa.. faulty unit. Just take it to their service center you'll most likely gonna get a replacement unit or if you are good with your arguing skill, refund

Remember! Reality Is An Illusion, The Universe Is A Hologram, Buy GOLD! Byeeee!!!

Well, lets say construction business. Lots of CAD, GIS and usual stuff like office and heavy excel sheets. Working in ArcMap is an absolute nighmare due to the screen response time. The problem here is, calling Dell, arrange for an replacement, setting up the laptop is all gonna cost me time. Iam not willing to do this, because we payed a lot of money for these kind of laptops. I am expecting MacBook build Quaility at this price point.

But what can I do.... I will call Dell and wait the 4 Days for a response. Like why does it take 4 business days to answer. They charge the most money for their stuff here in Germany and we are getting the worst customer service.

1 hour ago, CptHero88 said:

Well, lets say construction business. Lots of CAD, GIS and usual stuff like office and heavy excel sheets. Working in ArcMap is an absolute nighmare due to the screen response time. The problem here is, calling Dell, arrange for an replacement, setting up the laptop is all gonna cost me time. Iam not willing to do this, because we payed a lot of money for these kind of laptops. I am expecting MacBook build Quaility at this price point.

But what can I do.... I will call Dell and wait the 4 Days for a response. Like why does it take 4 business days to answer. They charge the most money for their stuff here in Germany and we are getting the worst customer service.

TBH I have no experience with Dell 'cause they're pretty much non existence here, well.. except for some of their AIO. I have a fare share too when my Asus X412FL (3 days old) can't charge because of a bent charger pin. I came to Asus's service center and the customer service lady or rep I don't what they're called. And she decided it was a faulty unit and she's explain that there is no way the barrel plug charger would bent the charging pin (also I think why she's so nice because it's just launch and they don't want a bad reputation from a genuine customer, not a reviewer) and scheduled a replacement unit within 2 business days. All in all, after 3 business days I received a call from the service center and I got my replacement unit the only thing I sacrificed was my CAD assignment that I have to do all over again, thanks Asus. Also they didn't took the old laptop charger and box for whatever reason so now I have two chargers and two boxes, lol.

Remember! Reality Is An Illusion, The Universe Is A Hologram, Buy GOLD! Byeeee!!!