Quietest gathering switch?

CheeseGaming43

I’m looking to get a gmmk, and I’m wanting the quietest switch available. Any advice?

If all you care about is silence, you should've gotten a rubber dome keyboard.

With that being said, what is your budget, and do you have a preference for linear or tactile?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

7 minutes ago, CheeseGaming43 said:

I’m looking to get a gmmk, and I’m wanting the quietest switch available. Any advice?

Cherry's website is a good place to start finding which ones you want. The MX Black Silent and Red Silent are the quietest.

https://www.cherrymx.de/en/mx-original/mx-red.html

You can go through the sounds of these and they give you info about them. What's your budget?

1 minute ago, TotallyNotGigabit said:

Cherry's website is a good place to start finding which ones you want. The MX Black Silent and Red Silent are the quietest.

You can go through the sounds of these and they give you info about them. What's your budget?

There are quieter switches, and Cherry switches are extremely underwhelming. Highly recommend against them.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

13 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

If all you care about is silence, you should've gotten a rubber dome keyboard.

With that being said, what is your budget, and do you have a preference for linear or tactile?

I haven’t bought the keyboard yet, what are some good rubber dome boards? I’m fine with either switch, But prefer linear, just whatever is quieter, my budget is around 130$ but can go up to 150 if needed.

8 minutes ago, TotallyNotGigabit said:

I liked both of those switches, but prefer black silent. My budget is 130$ but it can go up to 150 if needed

20 minutes ago, CheeseGaming43 said:

I haven’t bought the keyboard yet, what are some good rubber dome boards? I’m fine with either switch, But prefer linear, just whatever is quieter, my budget is around 130$ but can go up to 150 if needed.

I kind of doubt you'd find this for your budget (I'm assuming that is for the keyboard and the switches) but I'd consider a silenced Topre board.

With that being said, is the $130-150 just for switches, or also for the GMMK itself?

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

5 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I kind of doubt you'd find this for your budget (I'm assuming that is for the keyboard and the switches) but I'd consider a silenced Topre board.

With that being said, is the $130-150 just for switches, or also for the GMMK itself?

The budget is for everything, not just switches. I already have key caps so that is not a worry if I can’t get a fully completed board.

Just now, CheeseGaming43 said:

The budget is for everything, not just switches. I already have key caps so that is not a worry if I can’t get a fully completed board.

Well, you could consider silenced Topre, but again, I doubt you'd find even a used one for your budget.

So yeah, I think GMMK with silenced switches is the way to go. Maybe some silenced Gaterons or something...I'm not too familiar with what budget options there are.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

As for silent switches you could try to find some kailh silent box pink.  They got really good reviews and I was looking to buy some to try them out. 

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD