Any City Simulation Game?

Chiyawa

Hi, I'm a big fan of City Simulation game such as Sim City.

Just curious, aside from Sim City (which is dead), Anno series, Settlers Series, Tropico and City Skyline, do we have other city simulation game, preferably non combat one? like SimCity and City Skyline?

Regards,

Chiyawa

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

Well, there are games like Theme Park Manager which have that micro management system in place.

There are a few railway company games of a similar style.

You know, buy land, lay tracks, bid for cargo, build empire etc...

I know these aren't city simulation per se, but they have many of the same basic ingredients.

What about one that deals with building up a settlement from ancient times right up to modern day, a bit like Civilisation, where it's got tons of things to build, manage, research, growing your settlement, expanding, finding new resources, new technologies etc...?

It's right up your street if you love getting into the small detail you find in management games.

(I enjoyed Civ back in the day...might be worth a look, though I'm not sure what the newest version of it is.)

10 hours ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

Well, there are games like Theme Park Manager which have that micro management system in place.

Yeah, I played Sim Theme Park before from BullFrog back in PS1 days. Not bad, I should say. I'll check out Theme Park Manager and see.

There are a few railway company games of a similar style.

You know, buy land, lay tracks, bid for cargo, build empire etc...

I'm not sure, but I tried the A-Train back in SNES. Not really to my liking. I wonder if the newer one are better.

(I enjoyed Civ back in the day...might be worth a look, though I'm not sure what the newest version of it is.)

I played Civ games (Civ V, Beyond Earth, Alpha Centauri, Civ SNES). I'm not very fond because there's war involved and it is a turn base game. I have to crank the difficulty down so no one attacks me and leave me alone to build my empire. Still, not a bad game (but wished that they just don't stop after 500 turns, especially SNES one).

I do play Civ City Rome. Well, not the best city simulation game, but it's okay. They try to 'enhanced' an old game called 'Zeus Master of Olympus', but I felt they lack a bit over there (their mechanics are a bit unpolished), and of course, the Gods and Goddesses walking around the city. Zeus game are quite well polished at its time.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion. I'll certainly give your suggestion a look.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

On 10/5/2020 at 2:50 AM, Chiyawa said:

Hi, I'm a big fan of City Simulation game such as Sim City.

Just curious, aside from Sim City (which is dead), Anno series, Settlers Series, Tropico and City Skyline, do we have other city simulation game, preferably non combat one? like SimCity and City Skyline?

Regards,

Chiyawa

Look at Jurassic World Evolution? 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

1 minute ago, Lord Vile said:

Look at Jurassic World Evolution? 

Jurassic World Evolution? Hmm... Okay, I'll check it out.

Cities Skylines is currently the only real city builder out there in the real sense. Everything else is just a mashup of different themes.

6 minutes ago, DaMainMan said:

Cities Skylines is currently the only real city builder out there in the real sense. Everything else is just a mashup of different themes.

Agreed. Wish more developers began releasing more of this type of games.

How about taking the city theme for a spin with Surviving Mars?

Other than that there is the whole Tycoon series.

Or maybe stuff like Factorio, Prison Architect, RimWorld, Mindustry?

Satisfactory

Frostpunk maybe?

Oxygen not Included

Tropico

Banished.

More like town simulator though but i fking love it. 

Ostriv.

Kinda similar to Banished with much nicer graphic but it still in early access and lacks content. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

16 hours ago, Soag said:

How about taking the city theme for a spin with Surviving Mars?

Other than that there is the whole Tycoon series.

Or maybe stuff like Factorio, Prison Architect, RimWorld, Mindustry?

Satisfactory

Frostpunk maybe?

Oxygen not Included

Tropico

Okay, I'll check and see.

I played Fairy Godmother Tycoon by Pogo, but it's just a store management game. I also played Roller Coaster Tycoon in PS2, the game is just build a roller coaster.

I played Mindustry, and I must say, it's a little mixed. I usually just played sandbox, but this game is design like Tower Defence game or Base Battle Arena with resource management and Base building (Almost like CnC4 Tiberium Twilight), so, it's an okay, but not really my cup of tea. Factorio on the other hand looks promising, a bit similar to Mindustry, but having more activities rather than build and fight style, will try that out.

I haven't tried Satisfactory, RimWorld, Frostpunk and Oxygen not Included. Will give it a shot.

16 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

Banished.

More like town simulator though but i fking love it. 

Ostriv.

Kinda similar to Banished with much nicer graphic but it still in early access and lacks content. 

Hmm, okay, will give them a shot.

Dude, you should try Frostpunk for sure. It's not as in-depth or as realistic as the city-building games you've mentioned but the atmosphere is immersive and interesting. Also, the game has an actual plot and story, unlike most games in the genre. Which, IMO is the best part of this game. The game consists of several scenario where you play as the leader of various settlements each with different backstory and plot.

In other games of this genre, usually there's not much of motivating factor, only "Build this" or "Reach this milestone." Here, there's an actual reason for you to move forward.

You could also "roleplay" as the city leader, so to speak. In the New Home, The Refugee, and Winterhome scenario, you could be a fascist or a theocrat to varying degree. In the The Last Autumn scenario, you can either side with the engineers, busting worker's strike and employing convicts, or side with the workers, spreading propaganda through workers council and daily public execution.

The game isn't easy either, it will force you to commit atrocities (alternatively you can git gud) for the survival of your settlement, even on normal difficulty. This ranges from child labor to cannibalism.

It really is a fun and challenging game, you should try it.

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

On 10/9/2020 at 7:10 PM, Fatih19 said:

Dude, you should try Frostpunk for sure. It's not as in-depth or as realistic as the city-building games you've mentioned but the atmosphere is immersive and interesting. Also, the game has an actual plot and story, unlike most games in the genre. Which, IMO is the best part of this game. The game consists of several scenario where you play as the leader of various settlements each with different backstory and plot.

In other games of this genre, usually there's not much of motivating factor, only "Build this" or "Reach this milestone." Here, there's an actual reason for you to move forward.

You could also "roleplay" as the city leader, so to speak. In the New Home, The Refugee, and Winterhome scenario, you could be a fascist or a theocrat to varying degree. In the The Last Autumn scenario, you can either side with the engineers, busting worker's strike and employing convicts, or side with the workers, spreading propaganda through workers council and daily public execution.

The game isn't easy either, it will force you to commit atrocities (alternatively you can git gud) for the survival of your settlement, even on normal difficulty. This ranges from child labor to cannibalism.

It really is a fun and challenging game, you should try it.

Okay, I'll check it out. Looks interesting.

5 minutes ago, Chiyawa said:

Okay, I'll check it out. Looks interesting.

PM me if you want to know more, it's just so good.

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |