Confuuussseeed.

GoDShotYT
Go to solution Solved by Whiskers,

Thread moved to New Builds & Planning. @GoDShotYT Please check before posting a topic that it belongs to the subforum you're posting it in. 

Hey guys, Now I have been scouring through LTT channel because I have to make a PC/buy a laptop for my college by the end of October.

Right now I am totally, extremely confused which way I should go. So If anyone can help me please help me sort this out.

So my requirements for the PC/Laptop are as follows.

1- It should be a capable Gaming+Streaming device(I will only use single PC Streaming Setup)

2- It should be capable of normal editing for youtube videos (Video resolution 1080p with multiple layers of videos and graphics).

3-It should last for about 3-4 years without me worrying for an update.

4-It should be as compact and portable as possible.

Now I have a configuration for a custom PC that suits my budget as follows:

1-B450M DS3H wifi Motherboard.

2-Ryzen 7 3700X

3-16Gb Corsair Venegence 3000mhz Dual channel memory

4-Adata Su800 m.2 480 GB storage Nvme

5-RTX 2060 6Gb Gddr6

6-stock cooling

7-Case antec NX210

8-PSU- Antec 650W 80Plus Bronze 

9-HDD-2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM

10-LG Ultragear 24Inch 144Hz TN Panel Monitor

All this adds upto a Budget of 109557 INR. And I Can afford 115000 INR (Sorry But it would take ages to convert the options In USD) and I can't find a laptop that fits my budget and has the above specs similar to the ones I have for my PC.

I mainly Need an RTX2060 in the Laptop with Ryzen 7 4800H for processor in the laptop with 16Gbs of Ram, 8Gbs would work but it should be upgradable and I can't find an option. 

So if you guys have something in your knowledge pls help me🥺.

And for the big question of this post as to why I am confused. 

Should I go for the PC or the Laptop(assuming I find one in my budget with the req specs) when they both will have to do all the required tasks on one unit. I will be running my youtube channel through it, I will be streaming and Editing through it and I will be doing my college work with it. 

So, the PC or the Laptop? Mind You I don't want the EXTREEMMMEE GODLIKE ULTRA SETTINGS GAMING AND STREAMING. All I want is 1080p gaming, with medium details on all the available Titles out there present and upcoming like Cod Cold War. And the small help that the Unit runs streaming with this gaming in the background. Editing and all can be done later in my free time.

Also pls tell me if the components I picked for my pc are too overkill for this setup because I wanna cut as much budget as possible.Can I switch the 3700X with a Ryzen 5 3600 and have the required output? And will there be any bottlenecks that can ruin my day?

All help is appreciated guys🙌... And just this last question, is 1660ti enough for all the workload I need in a laptop, because I have a few extremely good options with 1660ti in them. I was wondering if I will fall into any trouble. Again I mention I will be using a 1660ti 6gb Gddr6 mobile GPU, with 1080p games like warzone/cod cold war running at medium/low graphics on a 144Hz display and I will be streaming at 1080p 60Fps through Streamlabs OBS. If the 1660ti can manage this for a few years, please tell me, so that I can save as much money as possible for other college essentials.

A laptop comes with a portablility tax. And they are hard to upgrade. So unless you absolutly need to have that portablility, something you won't get much of with these specs anyways, I would go with the desktop. The only change I would make is a upgrade the the HDD capacity. If you're streaming then you may want to have alot of your clips downloaded and 2TB is not much if you're also using that as your steam Library. And, while Nvdia's nvenc enocoder on the RTX 20 (and soon 30) seeries cards is good, you may want a dedicated capture card (for later if its not in your current budget). This video could be a decent option. Keep the motherboard and case, and switch their processor and GPU with what you have in the list above And you could also get by with a lower rating PSU than what they used, a 2060 is not as power hungry as a 3080. Just make sure its a ITX psu that is smaller than a ATX psu.

If you need it to be portable, get a laptop. If you don’t, a desktop will offer more power for the same price. But you also need to factor in the cost of a monitor, keyboard, mouse, and any other peripherals you may need when buying a desktop.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked