Android Phone Around $300

hey guys im looking to buy a new android smart phone but I am on a budget and the phone has to cost around $300 do you have any recommendations?

I'm a undercover agent posing as CoolBeans. Also I am a massive scrub

BAM.

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_4_8gb&feature=microsite&hl=en

Probably the best phone you'll get for $300.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

Nexus 4 for sure! If you get this phone and don't like it, you can honestly say that you don't like Android because there's no bloatware or crappy skins to destroy the user experience. Chances are that you'll love it.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Nexus 4 is really the best and only option. It's a fantastic phone I wouldn't hesitate to buy it even if it was $500 or even a little more if I was looking at a new phone.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

+1 on the Nexus 4. Has a great price point and has very good performance. You will probably get the latest Android updates quicker because its a Google phone. :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Nexus 4, No doubt.

Panda out.

My specs:Fractal Define R4, i5 2550k, Asus GTX 560ti 2GB, Samsung 840 pro 120GB SSD, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM ,Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Corsair 600w PSU

Its already been said too many times, but the Nexus 4 is probably your best bet. If I could though I would spend the extra $50 and get the 16gb model, due to the fact that there is no SD card slot in the Nexus.

Build LogsPCX - A HTPC/Low End Gaming PC in a Playstation 1 Chasis (90-ish% done) | Yamaha PC-350 (Computer in a RD-350 engine) --> Coming Soon | Mediocre Terrors: Yet Another Prodigy Build Log

s3

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Nexus 4 for sure! You'll have one of the most high end phones on the market (minus that 1080p screen), it'll still be new and up to date for another 6 months, have full support for a few years and easily be the most snappy Android phone out there right now. 

You can not go wrong, and you'll surprise yourself at what your money gets you. btw, I paid $635NZD for mine, which is about $500USD... even then it's still are really good buy, a steal really.

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @4.5GHz          RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Black              Drives: 480GB SSD/1.3HDD

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H          Graphics Card: ASUS HD7970 Direct CUII     PSU: Corsair HX650M

Case: NZXT Phantom Black/Modded        CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14                            Monitors: 2x Dell U2312HM

Has anyone mentioned the Nexus 4 yet?

"An Excellent Signature"

S3 costs more than $300 dollars though... :(

True, maybe he meant on contract? I'd go with the Nexus 4 too though.

plus, if you buy the nexus 4 you will be guaranteed to get updates for at least 48 months.

AMD 

Also i agree with the peeps, Nexus 4 :)

Nexus 4, 8GB. :P

There's a phone you may not have heard of in the previous posts, called the Nexus 4. It's a smartphone offered by a company that goes by the name of Google and it runs the Android operating system. Decent phone by the looks of it. :p

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 (2x SP120 Quiet Edition)  Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866MHz  PSU: Corsair AX850  GPU: EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB

iPhone 5 64TB. But seriously, run and get a Nexus 4, you will not regret it!

iPhone 5 64TB. But seriously, run and get a Nexus 4, you will not regret it!

Sweet Jesus, I want a phone with 64TB of space.

just get the nexus and be happy and ignorant.