Gaming headset help

grillechese

Hey there,

I'm looking to get a new gaming headset, but I need some help with some suggestions and feedback on the ones that I have kinda picked out.

But this is what I'm looking for:

- Connectivity to PC, Xbox Series X/S, and PS5 (or ones that should be able to connect in the future.

- I would prefer closed back headphones.

- I would prefer wireless ones but I'm open to wired ones as well.

- Would like to stay under $150 if possible (BUT I'M FLEXIBLE WITH THIS BUDGET)

With that I had come down to these, but if you can think of different ones that meet the criteria that would be awesome:

- Logitech G935

- HyperX Cloud Flight

- HyperX Cloud Flight S

- Sennheiser GAME ONE

Thanks everyone!

1 minute ago, grillechese said:

Logitech G935

as the owner of one, i can guarantee you that this is a excellent choice. but one little bug i have noticed is that sometimes when i power them on, they might be too quiet and have some weird audio issues. but after a few power off and on's, it turns back to normal. but as a side note, people really dont like GHub but for me its been pretty seemless.

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

You cannot go wrong with game ones, they're a fantastic pair- however they are open back.

I'd push you to look at MH751's or Game Zero's

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 hour ago, grillechese said:

Hey there,

I'm looking to get a new gaming headset, but I need some help with some suggestions and feedback on the ones that I have kinda picked out.

- Connectivity to PC, Xbox Series X/S, and PS5 (or ones that should be able to connect in the future.

With that I had come down to these, but if you can think of different ones that meet the criteria that would be awesome:

- Logitech G935

- HyperX Cloud Flight

- HyperX Cloud Flight S

- Sennheiser GAME ONE

Thanks everyone!

I looked on Amazon and the Sennheiser Game One headphone says it’s wired not wireless. 🤔 

E77D8D18-7F04-469C-9453-4306A2D1123B.png

CPU: i7 8700K (5.1 GHz OC). AIO: EVGA CLC 280 280mmGPUEVGA XC2 Ultra 2080Ti. PSU: Corsair RM850x 850W 80+ Gold Fully Modular. MB: MSI MEG Z390 ACE. RAM: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB (3600 MHz OC). STORAGE: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe, 2TB Samsung 860 EVO, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo, 1TB Samsung 860 QVO, 2TB Firecuda 7200rpm SSHD, 1TB WD Blue. CASE: NZXT H510 Elite. FANS: Corsair LL120 RGB 120mm x4. MONITOR: MSI Optix MAG271CQR 2560x1440 144hz. Headset: Steelseries Arctis 5 Gaming Headset. Keyboard: Razer Cynosa Chroma. Mouse: Razer Basilisk Ultimate (Wireless) Webcam: Logitech C922x Pro Stream Webcam.

1 hour ago, Slottr said:

You cannot go wrong with game ones, they're a fantastic pair- however they are open back.

I haven't heard of the Cooler Master headphones till now. How is the mic and is the sound quality got enough lows and highs?

1 hour ago, Slottr said:

Also, what do you think about the gsp 300's? i found them after a little more research

25 minutes ago, grillechese said:

I haven't heard of the Cooler Master headphones till now. How is the mic and is the sound quality got enough lows and highs?

The mic is very good.

23 minutes ago, grillechese said:

Also, what do you think about the gsp 300's? i found them after a little more research

Eh, there's better. They're fine but I'd much rather prefer the others 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

9 hours ago, grillechese said:

Hey there,

- Logitech G935

- HyperX Cloud Flight

- HyperX Cloud Flight S

- Sennheiser GAME ONE

Thanks everyone!

Gaming headsets are nowhere near studio or audiophile headphones with an external mic. I have personal experience with logitech headphones and they are aweful. When looking at headphones like sennheiser, beyerdynamic, audio technica or akg etc. You don't need to worry about the sound quality getting worse because the mic isn't there. The mic usually sacrifices audio quality. (This is not true with sennheiser) So going with a pair of headphones and a modmic 4 uni is the best way to go imo. If you want a big soundstage with great imaging and sound signature for gaming I will personally recommend beyerdynamic headphones. The beyerdynamic Tygrs are the perfect headphones for gaming because it has got elevated treble and bass. Whilst the mids stay pretty good. These are 3.5mm connected so no USB. Which is great. Because you can use it with almost anything. Your phone, your PC, PS5/Xbox series X.

This will be over your budget but you really get what you pay for here.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

8 hours ago, grillechese said:

Also cooler master mh751's I've heard are really good. Based off reviews and others recommendations. So chose those for closed back if you can't afford my recommendation. Don't take the mh752 wireless or 7.1 surround. I am sceptical how that is going to sound good.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)