First Time PC Gaming Build

MercuryAlpha

Budget (including currency): 1000 euros

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming like far cry 3, grand theft auto, play 4k graphics from C&C odd word excel file, I to get a foundation machine basically to upgrade later when I can afford to become up to mid to high range gaming pc

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): to save money going to my mouse, keyboard and going to use a TV through HDMI, I know I won't be able to view the graphics on it but will get an updated one later when I can afford. 

Bottom line is I want to have good basics so I can get top of the line pieces for down the road.  I realise there have been videos on similar things but I cannot get these here in Ireland, any help would be great.  Currently thinking about

• MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX Motherboard ATX, AM4, DDR4, LAN, USB 3.2 Gen2, TYPE-C, M.2, RGB Mystic Light Sync, HDMI, DVI-D, AMD RYZEN 1st, 2nd and 3rd Gen Ready
  • AMD Athlon 3000G Processor with Radeon Vega 3 Graphics (2C/4T, 3.5 GHz Base Clock)
  • Corsair CP-9020131-UK TXM Series 750 W TX750M ATX/EPS Semi-Modular 80 PLUS Gold Power Supply Unit - Black
  • Gigabyte Radeon RX 570 Gaming 4GB GDDR5 V2 Graphics Card ,GV-RX570GAMING-4GD V2
  • G.SKILL 16GB (2 x 8GB) Ripjaws V Series 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2666 (PC4-21300) Intel Z170 Platform / Intel X99 Platform Desktop Memory Model F4-2666C15D-16GVR
  • ADATA Ultimate SU800 512GB Solid State Drive (SSD), black

This seems shit and you should just have pasted the names of the parts, don’t go athlon nor 2666mhz ram

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

At least PSU seems good. Though I suspect a similar quality fully modular PSU would be available at same price.

I edit my posts more often than not

20 minutes ago, MercuryAlpha said:

Bottom line is I want to have good basics so I can get top of the line pieces for down the road.  I realise there have been videos on similar things but I cannot get these here in Ireland, any help would be great.  Currently thinking about

you can switch a few things around

strong motherboard, decent CPU, faster ram, decent PSU but heaper with slightly less wattage.

the 570 is a good idea, but you should definitely look at used RX 580/GTX 1060 6GB models to save some more money.

Edited by Fasauceome

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

• 2 weeks later...