Best Audio upgrade for me for ~$100?

spwath

Right now I have v-moda crossfade LP, and im wondering if I could get better headphones for around 100$. These would be used for playing games like Bf4, Dirt 3, Hitman absolution, and listening to music such as Boston, The Who, The beatles, bowling for soup, weezer, etc.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

The Crossfade LP are pretty okay, what i read in other threads. 100 bucks wouldn't be enough to do a major upgrade.

who cares...

The Crossfade LP are pretty okay, what i read in other threads. 100 bucks wouldn't be enough to do a major upgrade.

OK. I like my v-moda's I just wanted to know if there was better for my money. Because these actualy look good and have metal construction, I would think they wouldnet have as ggood sound quality, But if there is no worthwhile upgrade ill just stick with these untill i have more money. I havent realy tried any higher quality headphones, so ill want to see if i notice a difference. These are my first quality headphones, i was coming from the skullcandy Hesh. Thoes are TERIBLE, with round earcup (hello... my ears rnt round) Full plastic controctuion, tons of head sqeezing, and terribel sound quality. So i wonder if when Ii do have enof money to upgrade, will i think of my v-modas like that? Idk ill just have to try out some higher end headphones, but only once i have the money, cant have me hating these headphones when i dont have money to upgrade.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

OK. I like my v-moda's I just wanted to know if there was better for my money. Because these actualy look good and have metal construction, I would think they wouldnet have as ggood sound quality, But if there is no worthwhile upgrade ill just stick with these untill i have more money. I havent realy tried any higher quality headphones, so ill want to see if i notice a difference. These are my first quality headphones, i was coming from the skullcandy Hesh. Thoes are TERIBLE, with round earcup (hello... my ears rnt round) Full plastic controctuion, tons of head sqeezing, and terribel sound quality. So i wonder if when Ii do have enof money to upgrade, will i think of my v-modas like that? Idk ill just have to try out some higher end headphones, but only once i have the money, cant have me hating these headphones when i dont have money to upgrade.

Go in a store and try out some headphones for around $300 and more. They're potentially a major upgrade but i would hesitate to spend that amount of money on headphones. It's a very personal choice.

who cares...

Go in a store and try out some headphones for around $300 and more. They're potentially a major upgrade but i would hesitate to spend that amount of money on headphones. It's a very personal choice.

Yeah ill have to look, only once i have the money tho.

V-Moda's are pretty bass heavy, so you COULD arguably get better sound for $100 depending on your preferences.

Try out the Pioneer SE-A1000. It's open and fairly neutral, so probably better for gaming at least.

V-Moda's are pretty bass heavy, so you COULD arguably get better sound for $100 depending on your preferences.

Try out the Pioneer SE-A1000. It's open and fairly neutral, so probably better for gaming at least.

Thoes are only 50$ on amazon! http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-SE-A1000-Over-Ear-Stereo-Headphones/dp/B0033PROOY

HMm i think if i got thoes i would keep my v-modas for wearing in public becasue thoes are just...

HMm i think if i got thoes i would keep my v-modas for wearing in public becasue thoes are just...

Gotta pick the right tool for the job. ;)

Gotta pick the right tool for the job. ;)

Ill have to try out some high end headphone first, make sure I can tell a diffffernece and such. Unfortunatly i live near no tech stores other than best buy and frozencpu.com hq. 

Ill have to try out some high end headphone first, make sure I can tell a diffffernece and such. Unfortunatly i live near no tech stores other than best buy and frozencpu.com hq.

Or you can just trust me and spend half your budget which you were gonna spend anyways, but whatevs.

Or you can just trust me and spend half your budget which you were gonna spend anyways, but whatevs.

Well see i dont really have money now. Im selling my razer hydra for 200$, my afterglow headset (terribly uncomfortable) for 40$, and i want to get the mx RGB keyboard. so then ill have some money left over, but i also want a new monitor. I think illl just sell me legos, then all my problems with be over (I can get 800-900$+ for selling my legoes <not even all of them>)

Well see i dont really have money now. Im selling my razer hydra for 200$, my afterglow headset (terribly uncomfortable) for 40$, and i want to get the mx RGB keyboard. so then ill have some money left over, but i also want a new monitor. I think illl just sell me legos, then all my problems with be over (I can get 800-900$+ for selling my legoes <not even all of them>)

Dude, you're supposed to keep your Legos for your chillinz :P

Dude, you're supposed to keep your Legos for your chillinz :P

just look at them alll 

DSCF24791.jpg

DSCF24801.jpg

DSCF24811.jpg

This isnt even all of them!

DSCF24821.jpg