PC Stuck on screen

Mellowed

Hey, i was just resetting my HP elite with 64 bit windows 10 when this showed up. None of my keys do anything but my keyboard is lit up. Other than plugging in a different keyboard, what can i do? also, i don't even know what this means.

DE48B841-750B-48F6-8FBE-459571CD220C.jpeg

CPU: I5 3740 @3.2GHz || GPU: GT 1030 || KEYBOARD+MOUSE: Redragon S101 combo || MONITOR: HP 22cwa || (its a potato pc)

Is there an image of the screen you can attach. I really dont know how to help you if there is nothing to go by.

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

1 minute ago, Bad5ector said:

Missing the picture.

._. yea just realized. it's there now

CPU: I5 3740 @3.2GHz || GPU: GT 1030 || KEYBOARD+MOUSE: Redragon S101 combo || MONITOR: HP 22cwa || (its a potato pc)

Just now, SignatureSigner said:

Is there an image of the screen you can attach. I really dont know how to help you if there is nothing to go by.

it's there now

Do you use TPM? If not, just hit F3 to reset. If it's an HP laptop, you might have to hold the FN key for the F keys to work.

3 minutes ago, Mellowed said:

Hey, i was just resetting my HP elite with 64 bit windows 10 when this showed up. None of my keys do anything but my keyboard is lit up. Other than plugging in a different keyboard, what can i do? also, i don't even know what this means.

DE48B841-750B-48F6-8FBE-459571CD220C.jpeg

TPM stands for trusted platform module it wants to know what you want to do. try one of the options.

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

2 minutes ago, SignatureSigner said:

TPM stands for trusted platform module it wants to know what you want to do. try one of the options.

I did. f3 and f4 do nothing.

2 minutes ago, SignatureSigner said:

The issue is his keyboard isn't responding. I think its because of HPs Function keys.

3 minutes ago, Bad5ector said:

Do you use TPM? If not, just hit F3 to reset. If it's an HP laptop, you might have to hold the FN key for the F keys to work.

Pressing f3 does nothing 

Just now, Bad5ector said:

Hold your FN key and then hit F3.

i'm not using a laptop... no fn keys here!

1 minute ago, Mellowed said:

i'm not using a laptop... no fn keys here!

Can you go into your BIOS and check the TPM settings? Might be able to clear it there.

1 minute ago, Bad5ector said:

Can you go into your BIOS and check the TPM settings? Might be able to clear it there.

So my issue is that i'm reinstalling windows and i don't know if turning off my pc at this point will ruin the installation. I don't really care about "tpm" settings

I'm not sure what you mean by "ruin" the installation. If you are formatting and re-installing, you will probably have to start over from where it left off. Or worst case Ontario, you'll have to start over again. But there is a chance that screen will re-appear.

Just now, Bad5ector said:

I'm not sure what you mean by "ruin" the installation. If you are formatting and re-installing, you will probably have to start over from where it left off. Or worst case Ontario, you'll have to start over again. But there is a chance that screen will re-appear.

shutting it down and turning it on again almost instantaneously shows it again. i can't even get into the bios.

That's what I thought... What kind of keyboard do you have plugged in? Sorry I only am familiar with the HP Elite notebooks.

EDIT: If it's the keyboard in your signature... it most def has a FN key.

Capture.PNG

7 minutes ago, Bad5ector said:

That's what I thought... What kind of keyboard do you have plugged in? Sorry I only am familiar with the HP Elite notebooks.

EDIT: If it's the keyboard in your signature... it most def has a FN key.

it's a corsair k63. 

Well then, I'm not sure what you can do but will be interested in the resolution as we use TPM and HP desktops / laptops in the office. 

Just grasping at straws here somethings I would try:

1) try toggling that button for disabling windows keys (above the F key row)

2) unplug it and plug it back in after you get to the screen.

3) try another keyboard like the HP forums are saying

8 minutes ago, Bad5ector said:

Well then, I'm not sure what you can do but will be interested in the resolution as we use TPM and HP desktops / laptops in the office. 

Just grasping at straws here somethings I would try:

1) try toggling that button for disabling windows keys (above the F key row)

2) unplug it and plug it back in after you get to the screen.

3) try another keyboard like the HP forums are saying

i tried a different keyboard AND IT WORKED