Samsung TV issues

Rlmva

I just got a Samsung 65 inch TU7000 tv, and I've noticed that it has odd jerkiness around the faces and bodies of people when they are walking or the camera is panning around them. It looks like the video gets a bit chunky and a lower framerate when that happens, its a bit hard to explain. Does anyone know what this could be caused by?

Check if there is any motion interpolation feature in the settings. The TV might have problems with faces when trying to interpolate 24 fps content to 60 or 120 fps (dpending on the refresh rate).

This setting is called "auto-motion plus" with samsung TVs i think. Just play around with this setting until you find out what works best for you.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

3 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Check if there is any motion interpolation feature in the settings. The TV might have problems with faces when trying to interpolate 24 fps content to 60 or 120 fps (dpending on the refresh rate).

This setting is called "auto-motion plus" with samsung TVs i think. Just play around with this setting until you find out what works best for you.

Ok, thanks.

I had a similar problem with a weird bad look whenever there was any movement on the screen.

I fixed it by turning off "Auto Motion Plus Settings".

My Samsung 4k TV is like a year and a half old now so I don't know if your menus in settings will look the same or not.

On my TV it is listed this way.

Picture >Expert Settings > Auto Motion Plus Settings

Hope that helps.

4 hours ago, Intergalacticbits said:

I had a similar problem with a weird bad look whenever there was any movement on the screen.

I fixed it by turning off "Auto Motion Plus Settings".

My Samsung 4k TV is like a year and a half old now so I don't know if your menus in settings will look the same or not.

On my TV it is listed this way.

Picture >Expert Settings > Auto Motion Plus Settings

Hope that helps.

That’s exactly what I had to do, but I think it’s just called auto motion settings now